Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alternative to KFC, to eat in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's half term, and the little ones would like a KFC. But instead of making our own or getting a take away, it would be nice to go out. But I can't take them to an actual KFC. One has standards you know (nothing wrong with the food, just like a better 'ambiance' [/flanagan])

So, are there any good alternatives in Brighton & Hove? They prefer KFC than Nandos.

Cheers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's half term, and the little ones would like a KFC. But instead of making our own or getting a take away, it would be nice to go out. But I can't take them to an actual KFC. One has standards you know (nothing wrong with the food, just like a better 'ambiance' [/flanagan])

So, are there any good alternatives in Brighton & Hove? They prefer KFC than Nandos.

Cheers

GFC on Church Rd. But only after at least 7 pints.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If the kids want KFC as a treat give them KFC, nothing is going to compare.

not sure too many places do fried chicken, maybe meat liquor? or a bit downmarket but the Black Lion.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Cheers

GFC after at least 7 pints, and a couple of days for the runs and vomiting afterwards!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10637861.Hove_chicken_shop_fined___12k_after_inspection_finds_blood__cobwebs_and_mice/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't believe how readily you'd put other people's childrens' lives in danger.

If the kids want KFC as a treat give them KFC, nothing is going to compare.
Not sure they're old enough to be so fussy that nothing else will compare. They haven't asked for KFC, but I know they like it. But are there any where it's not unpleasant to sit down?

:eek: :sick:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Take them for an Italian or Spanish or Mexican or American or Turkish or any number of the thousands of amazing places to dine in Brighton. Fried chicken is for Hollister wearing, V necked douchebag white kids who like to think they are street. Failing that give them a bucket of chicken and make them happy?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Guess you could go to Frankie and Bennys in the Marina? The food isn't great (but anything's better than KFC) and I'm sure they have some kind of chicken meal available

Atmosphere isn't great (but not bad), and with the nice weather it'll be nice to walk there and back looking at the boats

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
JB's American Diner on the seafront

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank you all for the suggestions.
Take them for an Italian or Spanish or Mexican or American or Turkish or any number of the thousands of amazing places to dine in Brighton.
I think they'd prefer American than the other options, which I'd like.
Fried chicken is for Hollister wearing, V necked douchebag white kids who like to think they are street.
Ouch. I only wear Hollister 'cos it's got a seagull on it.

Guess you could go to Frankie and Bennys in the Marina? The food isn't great (but anything's better than KFC) and I'm sure they have some kind of chicken meal available
Yep.

JB's American Diner on the seafront
Woodies is pretty good for the kids.
Been to both several times. Wouldn't mind trying something else.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Basketmakers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have you thought about Indian? I took my kids for their first curry not so long ago and they really liked it.

They basically had a couple of starters to share - tandoori chicken, chicken wings, popadoms, sagaloo. Good fun in the end.

(assuming it's about the chicken...)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Burger and a pint in wetherspoons. a burger and 3 pints for yourself. Bargain.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have you thought about Indian? I took my kids for their first curry not so long ago and they really liked it.

They basically had a couple of starters to share - tandoori chicken, chicken wings, popadoms, sagaloo. Good fun in the end.

(assuming it's about the chicken...)
We get Indian take-aways a lot, but they're a bit anti spice still. Hopefully get them into it eventually. Just after fried chicken (for them) really - they hardly eat anything, so any restaurant that does chicken nuggets or goujons & fires etc would work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here