Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disco/Funk/Groove

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
For me, nothing tops this. 11 minutes of pure brilliance. Starts off strong, and just gets better all the way through. The last 3-4 minutes are sublime. However whilst i am confident that there is no better example of music of this genre, can anything get close? I'd love to know...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I love disco music, and the opportunity that presents itself to say to a lovely lady dancing to it, 'I think it's a twelve inch...'

NEVER fails :)

Oh, and 'You Gave Me Love' by Crown Heights Affair is a proper floor filler :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For me, nothing tops this. 11 minutes of pure brilliance. Starts off strong, and just gets better all the way through. The last 3-4 minutes are sublime. However whilst i am confident that there is no better example of music of this genre, can anything get close? I'd love to know...

Top man. Teddy Pendergrass is a bit of a legend in our household. They've got one heck of a back catalogue, but for sheer entertainment value, Satisfaction Guaranteed is hard to beat, especially its beginning.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
cheers all, being at work i cannot really listen to them so i look forward to getting home tonight and expanding my knowledge. Keep 'em coming.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I dug this out of the old CD collection and have been blasting it out all afternoon,thoroughly recommend it. download (8).jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

This takes me back :thumbsup:

The whole Rapture album is the best soul album of the 80s, bar none. Nothing comes remotely close; it's a work of total genius and Anita Baker has one of the best female soul voices of all time.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Tony orlando - dont let go ( pete herbert re edit) i would post it up if i knew how to

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here