Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan v Reading best result

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Looking at the table would it be best for wigan to beat reading, so reading stay on 64 points, and we win on sat to move to 67 points, leaving reading trailing, although wifan stay solid in 5th.
Or hope for a draw wigan move to 68 points, us to win on sat thus 67 and reading 65, thus closing the gap between wigan??

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
A Reading win would be the worst result. Anything else is alright.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
the best result would be for reading to win by 1 goal and us to win by three goals, making the table look like this

Brighton +15 67
Reading +14 67
Wigan +13 67

but to be honest, if reading lost or drew, and we won, it would be good for us

also it would be nice if watford beat ipswich

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Or perhaps Reading beat Wigan, and we beat Huddersfield by 2 more goals than they win by, leap frogging Reading and reeling Wigan in, going above them both???

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Looking at the table would it be best for wigan to beat reading, so reading stay on 64 points, and we win on sat to move to 67 points, leaving reading trailing, although wifan stay solid in 5th.
Or hope for a draw wigan move to 68 points, us to win on sat thus 67 and reading 65, thus closing the gap between wigan??

Wigan win is probably the best outcome. By the way, see you at the Huddersfield game on saturday.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Dare I use the words Goal Difference!

It's starting to get very tight and it could come down to Goal Difference, so a BIG win for us and the rest is out of our hands!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
On the basis that we just need to get into the play offs and not worry about getting 5th as 6th position will do, i hope Wigan win 3-0.

Lets get 3 points at 'udders and worry about the other results later.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Whatever happens it doesn't matter if we finish 5th or 6th we will get a home leg first, maybe 5th is marginally better as we will get an extra days rest, but so will the team we play.

At the end of the day we need to aim for 6th and let Wigan worry about 5th - a Wigan win would be best IMO

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A Reading win would be the worst result. Anything else is alright.

This, but as others have pointed out the key is for us to win.
I'm still of the view that draws are the best result when our rivals play each other, as then collectively they have two points, as opposed to three for an outright result. But this all depends on whether we think Wigan are nailed on for fifth place, or whether there are two places up for grabs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wigan still have a game in hand , the crucial result is us winning at Huddersfield.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A draw would be best, as neither side would be able to take any confidence from a win into their next game and neither side would get away from us. I'm also mindful that we're 11/10 for the win at Huddersfield, so the win is viewed 50/50 at best - could see that being a 1-1 draw.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A draw would be best, as neither side would be able to take any confidence from a win into their next game and neither side would get away from us. I'm also mindful that we're 11/10 for the win at Huddersfield, so the win is viewed 50/50 at best - could see that being a 1-1 draw.

This.

If we lose tomorrow, then we have to hope Reading lose too (and Ipswich, and Bournemouth!). If we win or draw, then a draw in the Wigan-Reading game suits us nicely. I think we can catch Wigan going into the final day fixtures.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
While it's nice to start to think about who we'll play, and where and when (QPR please - just for the transport impact of a week-day away game)), let's concentrate on winning this Friday. I know it's 'out of our hands' now but if we get 12 points from our four remaining games, there's a chance someone else will slip us and let us in.

Onwards and up-the M1-wards.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How is it out of our hands? We're just one goal behind Reading with home games against Blackpool and Yeovil to come. Reading have Burnley and Wigan to play, so whereas we have the scope to put 3 or 4 past two sides Reading have no such scope against any of the sides they have to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here