Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast

More than a million have used UK food banks in the past year

0 Not allowed!
    WTF?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle4064690.ece

Is Cameron's UK turning into Ethiopia?
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

#cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Ethiopia doesn't have the same number of millionaires getting richer every day.
      Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      WTF?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle4064690.ece

Is Cameron's UK turning into Ethiopia?
      It's okay, looks like average wages are going to be up 1.8% so there is no problem, definitely not. And growth is up, which absolutely proves that Osbourne's 'strategy' is correct.

0 Not allowed!
      The biggest one in Brighton currently has a 1-2 week waiting list. They're absolutely flat out

0 Not allowed!
      Look at how much sanctioning benefits have rocketed since the Tories came to power. This includes people with mental health issues and other disabilities who have been deemed fit for work under the tougher system.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...kers-allowance

0 Not allowed!
      Beats working.

"Thirty-six per cent of adverse JSA decisions since October were due to a failure to actively seek work, 30% due to a failure to participate in the work programme, and 20% due to a failure to attend an advisory interview."
      Last edited by Uncle C; 16-04-2014 at 09:48.
      Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      What proportion I wonder, are formed from the much discussed migrant communities seen developing here since the new membership nations joined. A documentary I saw recently highlighted that the food banks run by charities in London in particular, were being overwhelmed by mostly migrant groups.

Disclaimer: This is an observational question, not a statement on my personal view.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by somerset View Post
      What proportion I wonder, are formed from the much discussed migrant communities seen developing here since the new membership nations joined. A documentary I saw recently highlighted that the food banks run by charities in London in particular, were being overwhelmed by mostly migrant groups.

Disclaimer: This is an observational question, not a statement on my personal view.
      not the ones in Brighton from my experience, but then Brighton is completely different to London immigration wise. Homeless services in the city, however, do see a lot of immigrant clients (mainly Lithuania and Poland)
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by somerset View Post

Being poor and hungry is the same no matter where you were born.

0 Not allowed!
      It's a national disgrace. Make no bones about it.

Unemployment is down and yet people are still going to food banks. Why could that be? The jobs aren't paying. People are being pushed further and further into poverty. Zero hour contracts are good for businesses but not for the individuals and leaves them very little or no rights. David Cameron recently stated, "We want to make work pay". Well evidently that's not happening. The plan is not working, unless of course the plan was to suck up to big business, give mates a tax break and **** over the working classes. Perhaps the minimum wage needs adjusting? Not everyone can turn up to the House of Lords for five minutes and claim their £300.

We've never had so many millionaires in this country, yet there people people queuing for food hand-outs because they can't afford to EAT. Millionaire's are getting a £40,000 TAX CUT while this is happening.

What's the solution? Pay better wages? How do we get there? Build more houses, bring down the welfare bill, stimulate the economy and create jobs. Surely that's a better solution than keep house prices inflated with a 'help to buy' scheme. People wouldn't need help to buy if prices were more reasonable. Why is the Government footing the bill for this rather than solving the actual problem?

This Government should be ashamed.

Here's the Government debate, in full, on Food Banks. The contempt shown by those in power is disgusting.