Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea U18 player on £20,000 per week.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Ironic that he's at one of the worst clubs for bringing through youth players. Any 1st team regulars from youth set-up since John Terry?

D

Deleted member 22389

Absolutely unbelievable! No wonder quite a few young players' attitudes are being questioned! Why would they feel the need to work hard and graft if at 18 they are already on that much!?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...00-week-never-played-team-wont-time-soon.html

It's disgusting that someone of that age should get paid so much money. Again I'm done with the BS that players careers are short, after his tax normal people would have to work 2 years to what he earns in one month.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's disgusting that someone of that age should get paid so much money. Again I'm done with the BS that players careers are short, after his tax normal people would have to work 2 years to what he earns in one month.

I have no issue with those at the top being rewarded but I am struggling to think of a single other industry where someone would get paid so much without having first proved themself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ironic that he's at one of the worst clubs for bringing through youth players. Any 1st team regulars from youth set-up since John Terry?

Mind you, if it's John Terrys which come through maybe we should be grateful for the poor return from the Chelsea youth policy?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
it is absurd but in his shoes, I would take it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
makes you sick when you read it, but thats the problem nowadays, think i read somewhere someone went around South America posing as an Agent, and people as young as 4 were signed up, apparently Sergio Augero's son, even when he wasnt born, was tapped up.

football is truly a joke

in the sticks

Feb 16, 2014
But on the flip side he must have been offered that amount by the club, if your boss offered you 20k a week to do your job, would you really turn it down ? Damn sure I wouldn't. Yes it's obscene the amount of money paid to footballers, but if that's what your offered then that's what you'll take.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
£38k for Josh McEachran is just as big an eye opener.

A serial Championship loanee, who's by no means set the division alight during any of his many spells, yet he earns more per week than the vast majority of established Championship players, QPR's squad excepted.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
To be clear: it's not the fault of the players, I mean, we'd all take the money in their position.

But a sport that pays it's mediocre players that sort of money is in danger of eating itself. No wonder McEachran never came here on loan.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
£38k for Josh McEachran is just as big an eye opener.

A serial Championship loanee, who's by no means set the division alight during any of his many spells, yet he earns more per week than the vast majority of established Championship players, QPR's squad excepted.

I would argue he is on more than a large number of established Premiership players as well

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Jesse Starkey actually left Chelsea as he got fed up with being pushed down in their pecking order by foreign imports. I work with a relative of Charlie Wakefield from Shoreham who is just in the process of signing for Chelsea but you do wonder if that really is the best move for him or is it again being driven by money as he is a lad in demand.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Already said on here before.

Armand traore first professional contract was over £20k PER week.

Source: himself (has kid with someone we know)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Always thought Clarke Carlisle was a bit of a knob but this is an interesting read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Peter-Beardsleys-left-handle-dirty-kits.html

"They had travelled down on one of those five-star luxury coaches, and afterwards they all plonked themselves back on it with their iPods plugged in. While they settled into their seats, the skips of dirty kit were pushed along the path below by Peter Beardsley. Yes, the former England great Peter Beardsley.
Generations before me would have carried an iconic figure like Peter on to the bus, let alone push the skips themselves, but that respect isn’t there any more.
It was one of the most disheartening sights I’ve seen."

This is why our national team is failing. Talented youngsters are being turned into big-time Charlies with massive paychecks and non-stop pampering before they've even come close to making the reserve team.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Wasn't Freddy Adu the highest paid teenager in the US? He was touted by Pele as being the future of football in the US. He was last having trial at Blackpool where he was rejected. Free agent and a terrible first touch.
I think football lost the plot ages ago to be honest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here