Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U/niversity parking for those with temporary mobility problems

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've got a University parking permit and usually go in CP1.
On Monday my boy had his ingrown toenail removed and his foot is all trussed up ATM. He has a sort of sandal thingy they've given him and can walk ok but it would be easier if we could park in the closer car park for the Blackpool game (and possibly for Yeovil, depending on how he is).
Do i need to pre-arrange with the club or just turn up and tell the stewards looking after the CP ?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
On Monday my boy had his ingrown toenail removed and his foot is all trussed up ATM. He has a sort of sandal thingy they've given him and can walk ok but it would be easier if we could park in the closer car park for the Blackpool game (and possibly for Yeovil, depending on how he is).
Do i need to pre-arrange with the club or just turn up and tell the stewards looking after the CP ?

Speak to the stewards at car park 4 and they will let you park in there apparently

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Might not be so easy (and they might not be amenable). On Saturday the "disabled" car park was full at 2.05 and legitimate blue badge holders were detoured to Bridge (bloody long walk if you have a disability!). The stewards were fantastic - really helpful - but there are a very limited number of spaces.

I would arrange with the club in advance as am not sure the stewards at CP4 or 5 are allowed to let people park without some form of pass.
I have annual pass (not a disabled pass) that allows me to use either if there's space available as my chemotherapy treatment means I'm often unable to cope with the walk and have to use the shuttle bus transfer from CP5 to the Coach Park behind the South Strand. There's nothing stopping you parking in 1, 2 or 3 walking back to CP5 and then both using the shuttle, the drivers are really helpful. Alternatively if your son can't manage the CP1-5 walk drop him at CP5, park as normal, walk back and both get the bus as above.

Might not be so easy (and they might not be amenable). On Saturday the "disabled" car park was full at 2.05 and legitimate blue badge holders were detoured to Bridge (bloody long walk if you have a disability!). The stewards were fantastic - really helpful - but there are a very limited number of spaces.

Same here, I was there about the same time and was routed to CP4.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks

The Uni had an open day and it appears that attendees are permitted to use CP 4 and 5 on these occasions. That was the reason for the congestion.

As said the steward are very helpful and no doubt, if you ask nicely, they will let you use either 4 or 5, likewise the drivers will be sympathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here