Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 year olds first match. where to sit ?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
My 8 year old daughter who has never shown much interest in football has decided she wants to see a game so I'm planning to take her on Monday. I normally go in the North but is there a family stand or somewhere with a bigger concentration of kids which might be more suitable?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I believe there is a family area in the East Stand.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Thanks yes I was aware there was a family area in the East just wasn't sure which section as there is nothing to indicate which area when you go online to book your tickets.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
In the family (East) Stand. If only more people came on and asked this question before buying tickets for kids and sensitive women.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
East or west is ok for children. Took my 4 year old daughter to the Middlesbrough game and we sat in the west stand lower. There were no problems and she loved it until ulloa aimed his penalty at a passing aeroplane. Only then did she first ask to go home and quite frankly I don't blame her.

Take your daughter to the family bar before the game for sweets and face painting.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Candy Station will do good business that's for sure !! Just hope she enjoys it and we win again

We get a Candy Wagon in the west upper. The general consensus of opinion is that Candy Wagon sounds like a shit scouse girlband trying out for X-Factor.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I went to the Boro game, and was surprised how many families and kids there were in the SWC, around where I was sitting.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The Candy Station will do good business that's for sure !! Just hope she enjoys it and we win again

I took my 10 yr old Grand daughter to her first game at home V Leicester and sat in ESL in the southern corner.I think it was E1G

She loved it!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When my 8 year old son comes with me, we sit in the NE corner. I can recommend those seats, you get the atmosphere of the north without being in the middle of things. She'll enjoy it there (and you'll get a ticket easily).

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Make sure that anyone who isn't actually in a family stand seat, but who is unfortunate enough to be close-by, is encouraged to shut the far-cup, not shout about anything, to anyone, and is left in no uncertain terms that if they do lose control and shout something resembling encouragement, people will stare at them with some level of menace... as if they've just had a 5hit in your Harvey's.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Buy a seat at the back of the North and then moan about people singing, standing and swearing. It's what everyone else does.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here