Take a look at this Australian website.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
"Brighton & Hove Albion are one of the oldest-established football clubs in Great Britain. And in the country where football was born, that is saying something"​

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
"Average attendances fell to 7,000 and the board decided to build a new stadium."

Just like that!

That's how I remember it happening... even seen the DVD which tells the story...

Martin Perry and some of his friends sit around in their office and you can hear Martin say..
"Let's build a new stadium", then the DVD ends with a time lapse of the stadium being built.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"Average attendances fell to 7,000 and the board decided to build a new stadium."

Just like that!

There was a little gap in the middle but I've forgotten about that bit now.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not a very good advert for security when anybody can walk into a secure dressing room and have a dump:wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks Cian, to be honest it's their global website with Aussie contact details on it. This is though one of many articles about the stadium I've seen come up on unlikely websites since it opened.

Surprised that the article didn't mention Tony Bloom who has connections with Oz apart from him being a global celebrity.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
didn't we learn not to let Australians near our Stadia construction after the Multiplex Wembley debacle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here