Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it really ten years ago

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Is it really 10 years ago.
Just been going through my pics from the PO final in Cardiff. Is there gonna be a repeat this year, and what happened to that banner

BHA - Play off final-68.jpg Image-11325.jpg Image-11333.jpg Image-11334.jpg Image-11324.jpg?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
IF...IF...we got there, what banner would we prefer to see this time? "Marvellous Scenes" was decent at the time.

How about a giant "WERE LOOSE" to be unfurled before kick off?

Marvellous scenes.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I will always remember the kick about in the boozer outside the ground as the banner says "Marvellous scenes"

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Great pictures!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not the Final, but of course it's approaching 10 years since:

[yt]lQOXh_VDvSA[/yt]

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
10 years, Jesus H, times were good back then, things are even better now, how great would it be to do that all again, I can barely remember any of the game it was so bloody dull and I was convinced we would lose that day. But what a bloody great day it was.

It was the first time I had really seen a large Brighton crowd and it was brilliant.

what was the infamous Bristol City Banner?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can barely remember any of the game it was so bloody dull

Likewise.

I vaguely remember us having a decent free-kick (hitting the bar, possibly?) just before half-time, and of course the penalty.

That's literally all I can remember of the match itself.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Was a drab game. Recall when we got the pen that if we scored would put us up. One of the best days / weekends ever

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
10 years, Jesus H, times were good back then, things are even better now, how great would it be to do that all again, I can barely remember any of the game it was so bloody dull and I was convinced we would lose that day. But what a bloody great day it was.

It was the first time I had really seen a large Brighton crowd and it was brilliant.

what was the infamous Bristol City Banner?

"Better luck next year Brighton"
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?26101-quot-Better-luck-next-year-Brighton-quot

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I loved the atmosphere at the Mill Stad. Walked up the steps from the concourse and there was just a huge wall of noise. Amazing!

And then the BHALBA's walked in with their dodgy ginger wigs and kilts. It was brilliant.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bloody hell it was HOT, that day.

I remember marvellous scenes of a 100 v 100 kick about in the castle grounds.

Loads of spilling-out-of-pubs merriment

A penalty kick

Some pro keep-uppy blokes, doing umm, keepy-uppies 'representing' each team, before kick off.

It being bloody HOT.

Also representing each team, before kick off, was a random young fan, aged about 10. The Bristol City one ran towards their end, waving a flag, and they all cheered her. The Albion one ran towards our end, and suddenly did a load of Kazenga-stylee backlips and cartwheels, earning a HUGE ovation from our lot.

The train home was PACKED, with no opening windows. I thought I was going to pass out.

HOT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here