Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easter Amex Open Day

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Hi,

can someone let me know (as I never normally use a car to the Amex) about parking for tomorrow's open day at Bennett's Field. Where exactly is this?

Many thanks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They'll direct you at the security hut but, in short, it's the first big car park you get to, on the South-East corner.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just received a club e-mail and parking is £5 pre-booked or £10 on the day

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How do you pre-book, I've got the tickets but couldn't find the parking only for matches, am I being as stupid as I thunk I'm being!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Park in the village.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're charging you all to park?? :ohmy:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Park in the village.

prisonerandrover.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think It's a bit harsh also.

It's completely free.....apart from the £10 parking fee.

Barber out!

I just assumed it would be free. Totally accept they charge on match days, when demand far outstrips supply & they want to discourage use of cars.

But for a junior seagulls (or whatever they're called these days) open day, when you're talking about, I don't know, a few hundred, maybe a couple of thousand kids, I'd have thought they'd have not bothered. I guess if the open day itself is free, it's not a huge deal, but still.

Do they charge the same parking fee for corporate events, does anybody know? Conferences, wedding fairs, Jehovah's Witnesses conventions & the like?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just assumed it would be free. Totally accept they charge on match days, when demand far outstrips supply & they want to discourage use of cars.

But for a junior seagulls (or whatever they're called these days) open day, when you're talking about, I don't know, a few hundred, maybe a couple of thousand kids, I'd have thought they'd have not bothered. I guess if the open day itself is free, it's not a huge deal, but still.

Do they charge the same parking fee for corporate events, does anybody know? Conferences, wedding fairs, Jehovah's Witnesses conventions & the like?

I'm sure they don't, but then, those events are not free.

The 'parking fee' is clearly not actually there to pay for parking, is it? Its to cover the cost of stewarding the event over-all.

To keep a car load of kids occupied for a morning in the Easter Holidays, £10 is a BARGAIN!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure they don't, but then, those events are not free.

The 'parking fee' is clearly not actually there to pay for parking, is it? Its to cover the cost of stewarding the event over-all.

To keep a car load of kids occupied for a morning in the Easter Holidays, £10 is a BARGAIN!

It is, without a doubt. Like I said, it's no big deal. I'd just assumed it would be free as the car park won't be full, and fully anticipate a thread on here later from some unobservant father who turned up in the Spacewagon loaded with offspring, to be faced with a steward demanding a tenner, and who is consequently OUTRAGED at the filthy money grabbers of MODERN FOOTBALL.

(Never mind that it would have cost him more to take his little treasures to Drusillas or the King Alfred for a few hours).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is, without a doubt. Like I said, it's no big deal. I'd just assumed it would be free as the car park won't be full, and fully anticipate a thread on here later from some unobservant father who turned up in the Spacewagon loaded with offspring, to be faced with a steward demanding a tenner, and who is consequently OUTRAGED at the filthy money grabbers of MODERN FOOTBALL.

(Never mind that it would have cost him more to take his little treasures to Drusillas or the King Alfred for a few hours).

Yes. That

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thinking I may brave it with my 3 yr old to the Xmas party this yr - can any parents advise whether they feel 3 is an ok age to go to one of these events? She was chuffed Gully sent her a birthday card last week...!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes. That

"Imagine MY horror when I ARRIVED at THE Amex with a car FULL of EAGER children only to BE accosted by one of BARBAR'S FLUNKEYS in an ORANGE jacket demanding a TENNER to park the Renault MEGNAE in a badly MARKED space.

Etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here