• No

Votes: 40 65.6%

• Total voters

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there can only be one Nobby
but I have voted yes in the hope that he turns out to be just like the great man

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No. I think Dale is more 'box to box' than Nobby. Also Nobby as inspirational and led by example, I'm not sure Dale has that personality.

Happy to be wrong though. I think Dale is going to be a great player.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have every respect for Nobby and consider him better than Stephens at present.

Really pleased we got hold of Stephens (felt sorry for Charlton fans yesterday and their loss) and feel he could develop into another Nobby.

Hope so anyway.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But there were loads on here slagging him off not 3 weeks or so ago......he will be captain inside 18 months if he stays.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:flounce:
No. I think Dale is more 'box to box' than Nobby. r.
Surely you are not suggesting that Nobby wasnt a box to box midfielder. I asked the same question on here 3 or 4 weekd ago and was slated. Not sure he will emulate Nobby but he will be the man we build our midfield around next season and he will be a big player for us

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I was really impressed with him yesteday. Has presence and a bit of edge. Love the way he looks as if he's going to tackle with one foot then nicks the ball with the other. I thought his first half was outstanding yesterday.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'd better practice penalty taking then.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Played a deeper role yesterday which restrained him a bit, but seems to be getting more settled and up to speed now. Looks very decent

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Far, far too early to even think about comparing him to the legendary Nobby

Why? Nobby was the best player at Port Vale when we signed him and looked the part from the start. We've just signed the best player at Charlton and I reckon he looks as good. I'm sure we've all formed early opinions of players over the years and I've formed mine of Stephens. Look forward to seeing if I'm right.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm genuinely excited at seeing a midfield three of Ince, Crofts and Stephens next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here