Oct 1, 2013
Edit: Threw a fiver on Germany @ 11/2

Twenty on Spain to win there group @ 8/11

Twenty on France to win there group @ 4/5

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
England at 9/4 to win the group look good value.
Bosnia at 6/1 to reach and then lose in the Quarters
Ghana 4/1 to reach last 16
Chile 4/1 to reach Quarters
Argentina/Bosnia to go through at 6/4
Spain v Portugal final at 100/1
Argentina v Italy final at 66/1
Annnnnd South Korea to reach last 16, just in case Belgium bottle it as per normal.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
So far I've done Germany v Argentina final at 12/1 and a 7 team accumulator of teams to qualify from their groups!

Will have a top scorer each way bet nearer the time

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A quick query for any footy betting sages sur la board

I know you can bet each way on the winner of the World Cup, so basically a finalist, but I'd like to bet on predicting BOTH finalists (It was going to be Uruaguay/Brazil before the news of Suarez's injury)

So my query is, is there such a bet, like a reverse forecast for example, in footy?

Cheers

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
A quick query for any footy betting sages sur la board

I know you can bet each way on the winner of the World Cup, so basically a finalist, but I'd like to bet on predicting BOTH finalists (It was going to be Uruaguay/Brazil before the news of Suarez's injury)

So my query is, is there such a bet, like a reverse forecast for example, in footy?

Cheers

'Name the finalists' is the market and most firms cover it with Victor Chandler best at 66/1 for Uru/Bra final

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Leekbrookgull said:
Italy at 25/1

Excellent odds. Realistically it should be 10/1 maybe 12/1. Italians have a great coach, rock-solid defence, they are always very good tactically, they already played in Brazil and did very well in the Confederations Cup last year (they were better than Spain in the semi-final and only lost on penalties). Besides, for some of their players it's going to be the last World Cup, so they will have extra motivation, and the climate won't be such an obstacle for the Italians as for some other European teams. Just take a look at their squad:

GK: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Salvatore Sirigu (Psg), Mattia Perin (Genoa) (Antonio Mirante ).

DEF: Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Gabriel Paletta (Parma), Andrea Ranocchia (Inter), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Mattia De Sciglio (Milan), Ignazio Abate (Milan), Matteo Darmian (Torino), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina).

MID: Andrea Pirlo (Juventus), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Milan), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Thiago Motta (PSG), Marco Verratti (PSG), Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Romulo (Verona), Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina), Marco Parolo (Parma).

ATT: Mario Balotelli (Milan), Antonio Cassano (Parma), Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina), Alessio Cerci (Torino), Ciro Immobile (Torino), Mattia Destro (Roma), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli).

25/1? Yer havin' a laugh! £200 for Italy to win it.

WhingForPresident said:
It will be BRAZIL.

They are the favourites, but they want it too much, and football is a cruel, cruel game.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
France each-way @ 25/1 is a bit of value.

Hugo Lloris in goal, Bacary Sagna, Laurent Koscielny, Mathieu Debuchy and Patrice Evra in defence, Franck Ribery, Yohan Cabaye, Samir Nasri and Paul Pogba with some midfield creativity plus Karim Benzema and Olivier Giroud to score some goals.

They're in arguably the softest group of all with Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras. Avoid Argentina in the second round and there's only Germany who can realistically stop them before the final.

1998 they won the World Cup, 2006 they were beaten on penalties, so 2014 should see them go close.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
France each-way @ 25/1 is a bit of value.

Hugo Lloris in goal, Bacary Sagna, Laurent Koscielny, Mathieu Debuchy and Patrice Evra in defence, Franck Ribery, Yohan Cabaye, Samir Nasri and Paul Pogba with some midfield creativity plus Karim Benzema and Olivier Giroud to score some goals.

They're in arguably the softest group of all with Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras. Avoid Argentina in the second round and there's only Germany who can realistically stop them before the final.

1998 they won the World Cup, 2006 they were beaten on penalties, so 2014 should see them go close.

Nasri ???

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I usually get on winner and top goalscorer. Argentina and Higuain are 33/1. Brazil and Hulk are 25/1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here