Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans liked our ground.

Dec 29, 2011
"No half time scores on the big screen was surprising, as mobile signal coverage was very poor"

This used to be a thing, why don't they do it anymore?

Feb 14, 2010
Its a good ground, especially the West Stand. But the roof is wonky and it will be too small for us if we play top flight football and its also out of town which I dont like personally but beggers couldnt be choosers.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Its a good ground, especially the West Stand. But the roof is wonky and it will be too small for us if we play top flight football and its also out of town which I dont like personally but beggers couldnt be choosers.

I heard some inside information that The Amex was designed so it could be expanded, not sure how true that is, though.

I will sleep better tonight knowing that the Charlton fans liked our stadium.

Pathetic saarf Laandan wanabe hoolies.

I would rather have a beer with a Palace fan than one of these idiots.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Chatting to some Charlton fans in Dicks Bar before the game one of them was really savouring his pint of Harveys but then had a really miserable rant about The Amex 'crap location, why did they build it here? why isn't there a car park, the pies are crap' blah blah. I started to put him straight but also to my delight his mates chipped in and said 'FFs you don't understand what this club and its fans have been through, they're effing lucky they still exist, let alone have this fabulous set up.....'. Their conversation quickly turned to where Charlton's future might lie in a year or two and he soon shut up. Te he.

Unfortunately there are too many away fans who don't really understand and can't be bothered to find out why we ended up at Falmer, the severe planning and transport constraints placed on the Club and that a different mindset is required to make it work. Fortunately there are still enough away fans who also appreciate the unique aspects of The Amex experience and is reflected in the majority of decent feedback on that site.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
No offence mate, but are we going to have one of these threads every time an away team likes our ground?

Enjoy reading the feedback of other fans. Makes me realise how lucky we are to ave the Amex.

I actually like visiting The Valley as it is a real football ground so was pleased they enjoyed their trip to us.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
10 minutes to walk from Falmer Station to the away end. Was he on crutches?

Milk and sugar not next to each other. Oh well can't please everyone! :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What is this 'incident' they keep talking about? And no idea why the scores aren't there anymore...

Some Charlton fans turned away because of drunken homophobic chanting in town before the game. They had been warned not to try to go to the ground but ignored it. 4 arrests.

An incident in the south concourse involving drunken yobs expressing their disappointment at their team's display - video sent to the Met and to CAFC. Explains the heavy police presence after the game as the miscreants were guided to the station.

Scores are up on concourse and lounge monitors for all to view.

Some Charlton fans turned away because of drunken homophobic chanting in town before the game. They had been warned not to try to go to the ground but ignored it. 4 arrests.
... and at least one arrest for the same offence at the ground (assuming that the lad I saw holding hands with a policeman, mouthing off about f***ing homophobic abuse being the reason, was a Charlton fan).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They should spread the news to visiting clubs about the stadium app. It worked a treat yesterday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here