Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz: Starter or Supersub?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Time will tell. He's been effective in his last 2 starts but we need to see it consistently, which is something that is usually lacking with Kaz.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It depends on the opposition. KLL seemed to play a bit deeper at times yesterday so he seemed less effective. Perhaps that was the plan to conserve his energy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure I read something about him having a perpetual thigh/leg problem that would not let him play for 90 mins. This COULD have something to do with why he has mainly been used as a sub and when he does start, why he gets subbed.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
If he can manage 60/70 minutes a game then he starts, not many fullbacks get the better of him and his tricks and pace are invariably are a highlight. Exciting player and one we really don't want to lose.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Has the last couple of games not answered that question???.And how many times did Greer give the ball to Stephens yesterday, instead of trying to dictate play himelf??? The penny has fianally dropped just at the right time it would seem.It doesn't really matter how a manager stumbles across a winning line up, as long as he doesn't revert to what didn't work in the first place.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Has the last couple of games not answered that question???.And how many times did Greer give the ball to Stephens yesterday, instead of trying to dictate play himelf??? The penny has fianally dropped just at the right time it would seem.It doesn't really matter how a manager stumbles across a winning line up, as long as he doesn't revert to what didn't work in the first place.

Amazingly lucky how high up the table we've managed to stay whilst waiting for Oscar or listen to you.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Lua Lua roughly translates as 'start start' in Flemish.

*there may be a small lie in there somewhere.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think he's a starter but only in a side that also has other fast paced players. Play him alongside March, Lingard, or Buckley then it works. But when he's our only pacey player, opposition teams try hard to stop the service to him. This is why I've said for ages Kaz is a starter at the Amex every time, as we should be playing attacking players always.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he is given instructions to 'hug the line' best as a sub against tired legs. If a more free central role as yesterday start him and put the opponents central defenders under immediate pressure.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but did he, as appeared to me, throw a little wobbly when he sat down after the substitution yesterday?

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
He spend his last 10 mins or so on the pitch at pretty much walking pace. But as he's only been used to playing 20 mins at the end of a game it's no wonder he gets tired when playing more than an hour. A friend of mine made the point that he played on Tuesday too, but to be honest he's 23 years old and should be able to play more than 1 game of football in a week! Upson takes it in his stride.

As for throwing a strop when taken off, that's just poor, it's good that he wants to be on the pitch but he's a professional footballer, he should know that's part of the game.

It's a shame because I like Kaz a lot, but seems he has a bit of growing up to do perhaps?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He spend his last 10 mins or so on the pitch at pretty much walking pace. But as he's only been used to playing 20 mins at the end of a game it's no wonder he gets tired when playing more than an hour. A friend of mine made the point that he played on Tuesday too, but to be honest he's 23 years old and should be able to play more than 1 game of football in a week! Upson takes it in his stride.

As for throwing a strop when taken off, that's just poor, it's good that he wants to be on the pitch but he's a professional footballer, he should know that's part of the game.

It's a shame because I like Kaz a lot, but seems he has a bit of growing up to do perhaps?

I think it was the hug from Jones as he slowly walked towards it when coming off that pissed him off the most, we all know how the whole squad HATE Jones....

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Thought he had a good game yesterday, his all round game is improving! Didnt like being subbed, he wants to play and do well!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Time will tell. He's been effective in his last 2 starts but we need to see it consistently, which is something that is usually lacking with Kaz.

IMO,He is best off the bench,against a tired defense.I will add that his defensive play has vastly improved .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The biggest problem with Kaz appears to be his concentration, and I am surprised by how many don't notice it. In the 10mins leading up to him being subbed he was massively out of position, when off side very slowly walking back despite us winning the ball back from their free kick, and just his general manner on the pitch as the game goes on. Same under Gus, and very similar yesterday.

I'm afraid he is more effective as a sub, than a starter.

The biggest problem with Kaz appears to be his concentration, and I am surprised by how many don't notice it. In the 10mins leading up to him being subbed he was massively out of position, when off side very slowly walking back despite us winning the ball back from their free kick, and just his general manner on the pitch as the game goes on. Same under Gus, and very similar yesterday.

I'm afraid he is more effective as a sub, than a starter.

How would we have got our first goal yesterday then?

The flogging the dead horse of supersub is hilarious by some on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here