Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid, stupid Norwich, you're going down..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some of my extended family are Norwich fans. They were rejoicing this week when they got rid of Houghton, and got a rookie Youth team coach in. One of the Craziest decisions of the season, and there have been a few..

Now they've lost to Fulham today, they have Man U, City, Chelsea and Ars to play, just what you need when you have a manager with 1 game of top flight experience.

What is it with these owners, are they all idiots? They are going down, go large now and for 100% return in 3 weeks..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess they can take some comfort from the fact that one relegation place is already filled.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's clubs like Norwich that should give us all hope that some day we will get to the premier league one day. The bigger test is to stay there. Sadly it looks like they have got to a situation where they may go down. Still with parachute payments, they will have a better chance than us of promotion next season. No, I'm not that confident we will get there this season!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Funny thing is they said they sacked Houghton to give them a biggest chance of staying in the PL.

No disrespect to Jonny Cantor, but Adam's was Norfolk's equivalent only 2 years ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's that kind of decision making that has me wondering why anyone would want to leave the security of Lord Tony of Bloomshire.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's that kind of decision making that has me wondering why anyone would want to leave the security of Lord Tony of Bloomshire.

In 15 years we went from having the worst owner in English football to the best.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
FFS, they sacked Hughton, not Houghton. And I saw Norwich today and they ran Fulham off their own pitch - the only reason they didn't win was some crap finishing and one unbelievable reflex save from Stockdale. Their press people were saying it's the best they've played all year. As for "Rookie Youth Team coach," that described Oscar 18 months ago. Plus Adams' under-18s won the FA Youth Cup - not bad for a provincial club up against big-money youth schemes like Man City's.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

So are you saying that sacking Hughton is going to be the reason they'll probably go down?

If so, then I have to disagree. He got them into the mess they are in now over the course of nearly an entire season, and he would have had a real battle on his hands keeping them up with the fixtures they have left to play. They may well pull it off of course and survive, but if they do go down it will be based on a whole season, not the few games left at the end after they sacked their manager.

In principle I agree. The rate at which chairman sack managers if ridiculous and most managers aren't given anywhere near long enough, but in this case I think it's wrong to claim Norwich are now likely to go down just because they sacked the manager so close to the end of the season.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

So are you saying that sacking Hughton is going to be the reason they'll probably go down?

If so, then I have to disagree. He got them into the mess they are in now over the course of nearly an entire season, and he would have had a real battle on his hands keeping them up with the fixtures they have left to play. They may well pull it off of course and survive, but if they do go down it will be based on a whole season, not the few games left at the end after they sacked their manager.

In principle I agree. The rate at which chairman sack managers if ridiculous and most managers aren't given anywhere near long enough, but in this case I think it's wrong to claim Norwich are now likely to go down just because they sacked the manager so close to the end of the season.

If they were going to sack him why wait till 5 games left, should have done it over Christmas. Its called blind panic...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They will get no more points this season

They might nick a point at Manchester United and also at home to Arsenal on the last day of the season. And as someone who wants Liverpool to win the title this season, I'm concerned that they might raise their game when they play them at Carrow Road, where their results haven't been too bad.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I was there as well and while I think they were the better team in a poor match, other than the Stockdale save and the corner afterwards what chances did they have? If that's the best they've played all year it's a miracle they still have a chance of staying up. But that's an indictment of the football they've been playing all year, so the manager should probably have been replaced months ago.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If they were going to sack him why wait till 5 games left, should have done it over Christmas. Its called blind panic...

Maybe they wanted to give him as much time as possible? Having not been able to turn things around then felt he had to go, and yes, perhaps it's the last throw of the dice, but a change in manager might just get a rise from the players for those last few games to make the difference between survival and relegation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They might nick a point at Manchester United and also at home to Arsenal on the last day of the season. And as someone who wants Liverpool to win the title this season, I'm concerned that they might raise their game when they play them at Carrow Road, where their results haven't been too bad.

I agree on Man Utd and Arsenal but as for Liverpool, I wouldn't bet on it. Suarez always scores about five goals every time he plays at Norwich.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
FFS, they sacked Hughton, not Houghton. And I saw Norwich today and they ran Fulham off their own pitch - the only reason they didn't win was some crap finishing and one unbelievable reflex save from Stockdale. Their press people were saying it's the best they've played all year. As for "Rookie Youth Team coach," that described Oscar 18 months ago. Plus Adams' under-18s won the FA Youth Cup - not bad for a provincial club up against big-money youth schemes like Man City's.

Not exactly, unless you're comparing Norwich City with BARCELONA !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here