Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very good ref today.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Not because we won 3-0 (or perhaps it was) but he played advantage at all the right times. There was no diving,so perhaps he had a word before the game. All the bookings were correct.In fact you could see that he did not really want to book Forster Caskey at the end but had no choice. Well played ref.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
did he miss hamers hand ball???? or for those level was it not????

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Funny you should say that. We were talking about him in the bar watching the Arsenal game. General concensus was that he was excellent. Hope we get him again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that generally he was good and allowed advantage when possible but thought he was wrong with both our yellow cards. Oln one in the 2nd half it was just in front of me and the lino didnt even flag for a foul but the ref gave a yellow card.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

To be honest, that's the lino's job. I we more or less in line and it did look just outside the box.

On the whole though, excellent ref today. Wildly unexpected given their usual performance s down here...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Reffed in the Prem this season. Can see why as different league to the regular shite we get officiating.
Having said that, he didn't have much to do.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Roger East :bowdown:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It looked to me like it was right on the line.

I commented on the ref being good (other than being a bit picky about position of some set pieces), then he booked several players, and it felt like he only booked Lualua because he had just booked a Charlton player, and that he only booked Lingard because he had booked Lualua for a similar offence. I didn't even think Lingard's was a foul. But he did seem to try to let the game flow, looked for the advantage, allowed a degree of physicality.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Shame he had Yoda as a linesman

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It looked to me like it was right on the line.

I commented on the ref being good (other than being a bit picky about position of some set pieces), then he booked several players, and it felt like he only booked Lualua because he had just booked a Charlton player, and that he only booked Lingard because he had booked Lualua for a similar offence. I didn't even think Lingard's was a foul. But he did seem to try to let the game flow, looked for the advantage, allowed a degree of physicality.

Do you mean March?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was no diving,

Well, that useless lump wearing the Charlton number 8 shirt had a few good goes, but the referee made it quite clear he wasn't going for it, so the player had to resort to other means of displaying his hopelessness.

It was, however, notable, how little Ulloa tarted around today. We all know he's prone to the odd moment of flouncy-ness when tackled. Perhaps it's just the case that when his confidence is high, he concentrates on winning the ball and not sitting on the floor looking plaintively at the officials. Today, there was none of that. I thought he had an excellent game.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
He missed a few obvious fouls (March getting assaulted twice, potential penalty for one) and I thought Wilson dived for Lua Lua's foul but I can't be sure on that one. And i'm being very very picky.

Top referee, in control of the game through out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Part of the ball was over the line so the crowd (including myself) will always shout for it. I think, like the goaline rule, that every last millimetre of the ball has to be over the line and outside the box so def looked the correct decision and no handball as the whole ball wasn't outside the box when he handled

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here