Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britain's got talent

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Anyone else watching? Absolute Car crash TV, shouldn't watch but can't draw myself away.

The chap with the owl was appalling.

Another guy wanting to eat an apple and break world record - that is not a talent.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Anyone else watching? Absolute Car crash TV, shouldn't watch but can't draw myself away.

The chap with the owl was appalling.

Another guy wanting to eat an apple and break world record - that is not a talent.

You were obviously not concentrating. That apple was a raw Onion. Much more entertaining:)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
To be followed by 'Amazing Greys', quite possibly the worst punning title for a programme ever and co-presented by the execrable Paddy McGuiness. It's a race to the bottom, TV nowadays.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To be followed by 'Amazing Greys', quite possibly the worst punning title for a programme ever and co-presented by the execrable Paddy McGuiness. It's a race to the bottom, TV nowadays.

Very much this. And whatever is said or done there is a backing track of earsplitting shrieks and howls, be it Titchmarsh and the Loose Women announcing their guests or someone hitting a note or spinning around when dancing, the shrieks continue neverending. I really don't understand how the sound engineers can get them in the right places but I wish they would stop doing it.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Newspaper this morning saying all fixed. Trawling for professionals who have won other talent shows etc..

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That seems true...in my opinion there was not an act that actually put any talent in ..except the Boy Band...most unexepected and I don't usually like Boy Bands...but they picked a very difficult song to sing and did well...but the star for me was the young girl who sang opera...beautiful voice...beautiful girl...amazing talent.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Love it.

Love the addition of the new Golden Buzzer, meaning an act progresses straight through to the live semi finals. It was the talk of all the contestants and with each judge only being able to use it once means they have to use it really wisely.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Love it.

Love the addition of the new Golden Buzzer, meaning an act progresses straight through to the live semi finals. It was the talk of all the contestants and with each judge only being able to use it once means they have to use it really wisely.

Just wait for the biggest crappest campest act to appear on stage and you know that David Walliams will be bouncing up and down on that gold buzzer.

Had to sit and suffer it Saturday night as I was round a friends house, never again :(

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'Friend' of mine was moaning about the FA Cup match running over because it disrupted his TV schedule for the evening. I know which one I'd rather watch - although the Old dancing Doris was pretty good value.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
'Friend' of mine was moaning about the FA Cup match running over because it disrupted his TV schedule for the evening. I know which one I'd rather watch - although the Old dancing Doris was pretty good value.

That was the only saving grace of it all. Because the TV was turned on at the time BGT was due to start I got to see the shoot out, poor that it was though, I do think there was more British people on the pitch than were on stage of the show afterwards. Bloody foreigners, come over here stealing slots on reality TV shows. Next thing they will be taking over Jeremy Kyles sofa!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone see the first live Semi last night?? Ratings were absolutely huge, BGT goes from strength to strength.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Saw it last night. Thought John Clegg was pretty funny, however Darcy Oake was brilliant (albeit not even British).

Only thing I dislike is that 'already famous' people are on there, Darcy Oake is already famous and used to do little skits on Hockey Night in Canada, and is relatively famous in Asia also. The black comedian who got Ant and Decs golden buzzer in the last audition was the Black Militant Guy from Balls of Steel, and one of the singers has already written 'hits' for the likes of One Direction so probably doesn't need the money anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here