Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes silence

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I hope the tw@ in the swc who shouted at the beginning of the silence is very pleased with themselves, and well done whoever told him to shut up

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was at the other end, but it sounded like he was shouting at the Charlton fans for trying to applaud during the silence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm pleased the applause got aborted pretty quick.

If a minutes silence has been requested, you stay silent for a minute.

It's not rocket science.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I thought he was trying to start a chant of 'justice for the 96'

Stumpy Tim

He tried to start a "Justice for the 96" chant. Completely the wrong time during a period of reflection for those of us who remember it. My brother was explaining what happened at Hillsborough to his 12 year old son just before the game and I'm not sure the lad really comprehended it. A minutes silence was right, not an applause and most certainly NOT a f*cking chant

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
To be fair he was singing"Justice for the 96" but a silence should be silent,it gives you a clue in the name

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Today was about remembering those who went to a football match and didn't make it home again, tomorrow is about those fans getting the justice they deserve.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
To be fair he was singing"Justice for the 96" but a silence should be silent,it gives you a clue in the name

Sorry, but where do you get "To be fair" from.
Yes we all agree with justice for the 96, but 28000 people were observing a minutes silence in memory of the poor 96 souls.
To start a chant during that minute, was damn right rude IMHO

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought he was trying to start a chant of 'justice for the 96'

Should only have ever come at the end. The next game we played after Hillsborough was at home to Swindon. There was an impeccably observed silence followed by the North Stand breaking in to a spontaneous You'll Never Walk Alone. It brought goosebumps and tears. Today one whopper couldn't keep off his phone and several appear to not know the difference between silence, applause and protest. In some respects we really haven't evolved as a species in 25 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He tried to start a "Justice for the 96" chant. Completely the wrong time during a period of reflection for those of us who remember it. My brother was explaining what happened at Hillsborough to his 12 year old son just before the game and I'm not sure the lad really comprehended it. A minutes silence was right, not an applause and most certainly NOT a f*cking chant
We had 'that' conversation going home in the car.

It did make me realise just how far football has come in 25 years.
I don't think Jnr could get his head round the need for spiked fences at a football match.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sorry, but where do you get "To be fair" from.
Yes we all agree with justice for the 96, but 28000 people were observing a minutes silence in memory of the poor 96 souls.
To start a chant during that minute, was damn right rude IMHO

Sorry, just an expression, what I meant was that at least it wasn't anti- scouse abuse or something equally moronic

Feb 14, 2010
Why don't all English football clubs remember the poor souls in the Bradford Fire?

You have a point. I think the difference is that at Hillsborough the police tried to blame the victims and attempted to pervert the course of justice but altering witness statement accounts. This heaping more misery into a tragedy. But for those lies people would just remember a terrible disaster but now there is a whole lot more around it. If the police had just said "we got a few things wrong", held their hands up instead of telling disgraceful lies (not one policeman - an entire police force) then things would be remembered in a different way. Bradford didnt have that issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here