Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

forest away

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
my mate is a Forest fan and he says they have restricted the away allowance because their fans wanted to have a larger section of the lower stand behind the goal. So the away fans have been moved towards the corner of the lower tier. Allocation is 2000 which is within away allowance they have to give. Will only change if they continue their current slump and their fans do not take up section behind the goal which is normally for general sale.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
nope not yet but wouldnt be surpised if it does and we get more tickets

2,002 is the maximum allocation Mark. Half of the away stand is now given to Forest fans and is a mixture of general sale and season ticket holders in there. Suspect there'll be a 1000 or so Brighton fans in the home end.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from the football league guide
What Is It Like For Visiting Supporters?
For this season the Club have changed slightly the arrangements for away fans. Rather than being given the whole of the lower tier of the Bridgford Stand, visiting supporters are now housed on one side of this area (towards the Brian Clough Stand), where around 2,000 fans can be accommodated. The facilities and view of the action in this stand are good. If demand requires it then an additional 1,000 away supporters can be seated in lower Block T of the Brian Clough Stand.

I personally did not have any problems at the City Ground, but I have heard of away fans getting some hassle; for example it has not been unknown for the odd object to be thrown down on away fans from so called Forest fans seated above. Don't be surprised also if the stewards keep asking you to sit down if you stand in the seated areas, which can get annoying. There are also an element of Forest supporters who sit close to the away fans, who feel it is their duty to continually berate visiting supporters during the game, which can be unsavoury. It is also advised to keep colours covered around the ground, especially if you support another Midlands team. The good news though is that away fans can really make some noise from this stand, so make the most of it!

Chris Powell a visiting West Brom fan adds; 'On my last visit a number of West Brom fans were thrown out of the grounds by stewards for not sitting down. From what I could see they gave just one chance to sit down and if you didn't you were out. What was even more annoying is that fans in the home section were allowed to stand without interference'.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
There were no problems last year and fans were friendly and chatty on the way back to the car park. As they are unlikely to be chasing a playoff spot, cannot see any problems ahead, bearin in mind the early kickoff.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Fans were fine, although can confirm stewards were very strict, constantly trying to get everyone sitting down.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I was in the ticket office after the game and was told we had sold just over 1100 so far, change in loyalty points on Monday.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
from the football league guide
What Is It Like For Visiting Supporters?
For this season the Club have changed slightly the arrangements for away fans. Rather than being given the whole of the lower tier of the Bridgford Stand, visiting supporters are now housed on one side of this area (towards the Brian Clough Stand), where around 2,000 fans can be accommodated. The facilities and view of the action in this stand are good. If demand requires it then an additional 1,000 away supporters can be seated in lower Block T of the Brian Clough Stand.

I personally did not have any problems at the City Ground, but I have heard of away fans getting some hassle; for example it has not been unknown for the odd object to be thrown down on away fans from so called Forest fans seated above. Don't be surprised also if the stewards keep asking you to sit down if you stand in the seated areas, which can get annoying. There are also an element of Forest supporters who sit close to the away fans, who feel it is their duty to continually berate visiting supporters during the game, which can be unsavoury. It is also advised to keep colours covered around the ground, especially if you support another Midlands team. The good news though is that away fans can really make some noise from this stand, so make the most of it!

Chris Powell a visiting West Brom fan adds; 'On my last visit a number of West Brom fans were thrown out of the grounds by stewards for not sitting down. From what I could see they gave just one chance to sit down and if you didn't you were out. What was even more annoying is that fans in the home section were allowed to stand without interference'.

Forest are one of the few grounds where the local plod are more concerned about the behaviour of home rather than away fans. Might be a bit outdated though......

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
I was just looking on the megabus website and it's dirt cheap for the train but the only one I could get is the 8:23 or around that time, and it's only from St Pancras, has anyone used this site before and are they the only trains that I can get or can I get a later train?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I was just looking on the megabus website and it's dirt cheap for the train but the only one I could get is the 8:23 or around that time, and it's only from St Pancras, has anyone used this site before and are they the only trains that I can get or can I get a later train?

It's that set train, hence the cheap price.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
my mate is a Forest fan and he says they have restricted the away allowance because their fans wanted to have a larger section of the lower stand behind the goal. So the away fans have been moved towards the corner of the lower tier. Allocation is 2000 which is within away allowance they have to give. Will only change if they continue their current slump and their fans do not take up section behind the goal which is normally for general sale.

5pts from 42 is incredible, can't see a recovery to promotion form..

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I made a late decision last year. I think I saved a lot of money, in absence of decent discounted tickets, by buying a day return to Bedford on a Network Card and a return to Nottingham from there. Some trains do stop at Bedford on the way through.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here