Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst memory of the Goldstone Ground

Feb 14, 2010
Watching the ground and the club crumble before my eyes from about 1985 onwards and then the final destruction of both the club and ground under that bloke from near Blackburn.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Losing my footing in the North Stand after celebrating a goal, I instinctively grabbed the arm of the guy standing next to me to stop myself from falling to the ground, not a good place to go down when you're packed in like sardines in a tin. I failed to stay on my feet and received a good kicking on the floor from the guy I grabbed hold of, I thought his reaction was a bit over the top and that was the only bad experience I ever had at the Goldstone

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
This really did happen. Painted on the roof of the west stand and on the pitch in front of the west. I am sure others here will confirm it

Well 1st I heard of it stand to be corrected enjoy your nite after today seagullsssss

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This really did happen. Painted on the roof of the west stand and on the pitch in front of the west. I am sure others here will confirm it

I remember albion fans breaking in the night before a game - possibly the abandoned York City match - and writing sack the board or something similar. However, I'd never heard of any Palace related graffiti appearing before the final game. We were an insignificance to them at that time anyway.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
I remember albion fans breaking in the night before a game - possibly the abandoned York City match - and writing sack the board or something similar. However, I'd never heard of any Palace related graffiti appearing before the final game. We were an insignificance to them at that time anyway.

This ,think this would of inflamed passions more nothing said on day

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think my worst memory is taking my stepson to his first game at the Goldstone having not been for a few years(Bad Fan) du.e to work and living abroad. I had seen it in the late 70s with 30,000 and now half the East Terrace was fenced off and the place was dying. He enjoyed it though!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tottenham 1978

vs Blackpool finding out that Spurs and Southampton had contrived a draw

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
If that happened that day would have been carnage

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Giving pompy (they don`t deserve a cap p) the North Stand in a game in the late 80s or early 90s so their fans can feel a little be safer together, just glad the North didn`t have a roof then.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Giving pompy (they don`t deserve a cap p) the North Stand in a game in the late 80s or early 90s so their fans can feel a little be safer together, just glad the North didn`t have a roof then.

That was October '83, my first ever game at the Goldstone, they behaved like animals. I don't ever remember them being given the North Stand since, and it had a roof from 84-85 season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here