Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your best memory of the Goldstone Ground.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I have so many....because I am old.
Probably just being lucky enough to play on the pitch.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
28th April 1979 - winning our last home game of the season and knowing that a win at Newcastle would be enough to be promoted. I still get goose-pimples thinking about it. It makes me realise just how much the combination of youth, passion, commitment, faith, belief and emotion can last a lifetime.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Impossible to choose there are so many -- Sammy Morgan scoring twice against Palace, 7-0 v Walsall, pitch invasion after beating Sheff Wed to win promotion,
Lawro's goal against Wolves, Wardy's goal against Blackpool, Nelson's goal against Arsenal, Fans United, York pitch invasion, Nigel Erskine's Klinsmann dive.....

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Impossible to choose there are so many -- Sammy Morgan scoring twice against Palace, 7-0 v Walsall, pitch invasion after beating Sheff Wed to win promotion,
Lawro's goal against Wolves, Wardy's goal against Blackpool, Nelson's goal against Arsenal, Fans United, York pitch invasion, Nigel Erskine's Klinsmann dive.....

These for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Being 5-0 up at half time against Charlton Athletic (1983). I'd settle for a couple less tomorrow.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
4-1 v Millwall 91 playoff semi. Slightly better result than the same fixture last season.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Not so much memories of games as there are loads of highlights as well as lowlights. But memories of going with my late dad are the most precious.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
to many to think about
but mostly memories of being with mates who are no longer with us on the East Terrace
good days that will never be forgotten

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Arriving at the ground two hours before kick off with my Dad. Paying cash on the gate to get in, on Easter Monday v Charlton with over 30,000 in the ground. Packed like sardines in a tin.

Watching it kicking off in the North Stand v Palace on Boxing Day from the relative safety of the family area in the East (South-end).

Toilets so bad you had to be desperate to go in them.

Deano's free kick v Ipswich.

Play off semi v Millwall.

FA Cup 6th Round v Norwich.

Fans United.

York City pitch invasion.

Last home match v Donny.

Garry Williams wonder strike v Notts Forest.

Incredible save by Graham Moseley v Aston Villa.

I loved that place!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Geez so many including the smell from the hot dog stand in south west corner....but has to be my first game,,taken by my Dad..1968 I think...Torquay 1/1

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
3-3 v Liverpool or Wilkins goal v Ipswich

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
My first evening game... sometime in 1976.
Walking up the center steps behind the north stand after paying my 35p, and seeing a full North stand in front of me, with a super green pitch under the floodlights.
A memory I'll take to the grave.

Closely followed by Gerry Ryans FA Cup goal against Liverpool in the 2-0 win in 1984.
We cheered, but we were just stunned. Disbelieving.

Third. Codners goal to make it 4-1 vs Millwall in the playoff fist leg 1991. Probably the last highlight before our relentless slide down the divisions into the dark days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At one stage they used to say we had the second best pitch in the land after Ipswich Town. But given they were sponsored by Fisons I thought they had an unfair advantage....

I always said the pitch was never the same after we played Bristol Rovers in December 1990. A match that should have been postponed and totally destroyed the surface.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Running on the pitch and getting Bill Cassidy's tie up hence the name, hung over my bed for years

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
My best memory of it is that it's the first place I ever saw a live football game. It's been one hell of a rollercoaster since then.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Fans United. Before K.O. Singing You'll Never Walk Alone and seeing all those different team's scarves held up in the North Stand.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bobby Smith's debut. Winning the league in 64. Watching us win 10-1. Taking the kids to their first game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here