Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone here had acupuncture?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Worked on a frozen shoulder for me. Whilst I cannot recommend somewhere at present, only caveat is that the chemicals in the body it releases make you feel a tad weird for about an hour afterwards. Would not advise alcohol nor high level crane operation during this recovery period.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A lot of small pricks....can't see the fun there at all to be honest.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've had it; it didn't do anything for me. My ex-wife had it and said it helped a lot. I only wish they'd pushed the needles in a little further when she was having it done.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Had it for whiplash about 10 years ago at doctors surgery in whitehawk on the nhs, helped a lot for me.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm a bit sceptical of alternative therapies, especially the thought of being used as a pin cushion but was offered acupuncture to assist with a painful hip condition and was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was - and not uncomfortable either. Yes it was a curious sensation as the very fine needles are being inserted but more comfortable than for example having dental injections. Fortunately it was only into my hip. I might have been a bit more anxious if it had been into my spine :eek:

4 sessions with a sports injury clinician and the problem was sorted. It helped to know that he had extensive experience of successfully treating top athletes. Mind you I had some spectacular bruises after he occasionally missed his target, so he probably won't win many darts tournaments.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Had it to help me give up smoking, been off them now for 6 years. Used a chap in Storrington, Chris something I think , google him, there's only one there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think it was about £80 for 2 sessions. Very strange experience but ultimately wired out well for me.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I've had it; it didn't do anything for me. My ex-wife had it and said it helped a lot. I only wish they'd pushed the needles in a little further when she was having it done.

Since you say she is now your ex-wife, I think your mini voodoo experiment worked out very well for you.:thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Was a complete sceptic about it but was offered it as treatment for persistent sciatica-related pain in my back & legs.

The guy asked me to try and touch my toes before he started & I couldn't even get close. He did the needly bit (which didn't hurt at all, just felt very strange, like there was a hot spot where they went in), I got up, & instantly could touch my toes with ease, like all the muscles had just released.

Blew my mind, I have no idea how it works but it did for me.

Jul 7, 2003
Have had it for tennis elbow and also for an achilles problem - worked very well for both

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Think my bike had one, a new inner tube fixed it. :smile:

But seriously, it didn't do much for me, but I know others who thought it was miraculous. If you are in pain it must be worth giving it a go.

It definitly works for some and if it works for you, your lucky.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I had it a few months ago for tennis elbow. Uncomfortable experience and indeed painful, but still got tennis elbow. Moving on to the big needle now
with a cortizone jab.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Saw the physio at work (I know, lucky to have such a facility) when my hamstring was completely locked up on a Monday morning after a long Sunday run. She said acupuncture might help. I was a complete sceptic at that point but said she could have a go. 30 mins later walked out of the room pain free and ran that evening. Remarkable.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Was a complete sceptic about it but was offered it as treatment for persistent sciatica-related pain in my back & legs.

The guy asked me to try and touch my toes before he started & I couldn't even get close. He did the needly bit (which didn't hurt at all, just felt very strange, like there was a hot spot where they went in), I got up, & instantly could touch my toes with ease, like all the muscles had just released.

Blew my mind, I have no idea how it works but it did for me.

Yes. Not sure how or why it works but it worked for me too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here