Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we fail to get 3 points against charlton tomorrow

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Hello All

So if we fail to get 3 points against Charlton tomorrow, despite what other teams around us do tomorrow, and even though it may still be mathematically possible to get in the plays offs, is it that our hopes of the getting in the plays over ????

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
No. In my opinion we need 12 points, maybe less. Doesn't matter where or when we get them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have no idea. Nor does anyone else as there are too many variables at work until it's mathematically impossible.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For me, it will just show the lack of consistency with us, and that is the biggest reason for not making the play offs. After Tuesday, which sounded like a good performance even if it was against a hungover Leicester team, we really need to kick on and go for it. Charlton can't sit back, and hope for a draw, so this could help us, as long as we don't make calamity defending mistakes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No,

Not over until mathematically impossible as will be more twists and turns.

Big blow if lose tomorrow but not over

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Charlton can't sit back, and hope for a draw, so this could help us, .

Disagree entirely with this. I think Charlton would see a point from this game as an excellent result, which would leave them in pretty good shape. They'll come set up to grind out a point, IMO.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Disagree entirely with this. I think Charlton would see a point from this game as an excellent result, which would leave them in pretty good shape. They'll come set up to grind out a point, IMO.
They will also know that if it's 0-0 at half time our fans will probably boo off the players and demoralize them for the second half.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shame Sunderland are playing tomorrow afternoon - Gus could have come down to see Diego play

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Just want us to play attacking football tomorrow as per Leicester, not revert back to the previous weeks negative tactics. If we set up right with pace in the team and go for it from the start the result will take care of it's self!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No not over, but if Reading go 5 points ahead on Monday with 4 to play, it won't exactly look good.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If all the other teams around us balls up again then no, but a Reading win/Brighton defeat would leave us pretty much screwed.

We will win 3-0 and they will get done though so don't worry.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just want us to play attacking football tomorrow as per Leicester, not revert back to the previous weeks negative tactics. If we set up right with pace in the team and go for it from the start the result will take care of it's self!

Different game ..different team..leicester came at us i can see charlton sitting back and taking us on the counter...doesnt mean we shouldn't play positively...but i don't think u can compare the 2 games

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd be surprised if Reading get anything from Leicester. They will want to wrap up the league as early as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here