Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best youngster

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Who do you think out of our current crop of youngsters that have broken into the first team will go on to achieve the most in their career?

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
BHA youngsters that have broken into the first team.... that's Ince, March, JFC and Dunk. Any others?
I think Ince will achieve the most in his career, by following his uncle Eric 'Ninja' Young into Chartered Accountancy.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Fwiw I think solly is the most naturally talented, it's down to him to conduct himself in the right way and if he does so, I can see him being a decent premiership winger.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Too early to tell, i think. A few years ago many were proclaiming JFC to be future captain/England player/Son of God etc but now some get angry if he makes the starting XI.
I think next season will give us a real indication of their progress. I'm looking forward to seeing them all mature and develop.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ince.

Talent gets you so far, but to get to the next level it almost always needs to be coupled with physicality.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ince's game is often superb, but if he's to really make the most of his career, he needs to learn how to jump at the right time to make a header; often he's about half a second too early. I think March has everything he will need except experience. So, so far, I vote March, but Ince could possibly be equally as good.

I like Dunk too; he's a very solid defender, but hasn't shown much in attack (corners, for example). If he could add, say, 4 goals a season to his game, he too could be excellent, but I haven't seen any evidence of this so far.

JFC? He's decent enough for a Championship player I guess, but I doubt he'll go as far as the others.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think all 4 could have god careers. Ince at the moment as he combines the talent with physical strength. March is not far behine. Maybe more talented with Ince but does not have quite the same attributes

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Dunk, Ince, March Caskey. Which shows how well the others have developed over the years.

I expect to see a few more next season, in particular Smith getting a cup run in goal

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Chicksen is coming along nicely as well as the others mentioned

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ince.

Talent gets you so far, but to get to the next level it almost always needs to be coupled with physicality.

You mean like Zola, Messi and even Peter Ward!

As regards the OP, I think Solly March is the one that has the opportunity to be the most entertaining as he has the tricks but I think Ince is more likely to go further in his career.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Of the players to have played this season, probably Ince or Dunk.

But Walton might eclipse all of them once he starts playing. Seems to be highly regarded - and not just by people at the Albion.

Who knows? I certainly don't.

But I do know it is great to be able to have four or five young players which such potential. Up to them now to make the most of it.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
You are claiming Ince as one of your youngsters... Really?

images

He even went on loan to a Football League club while at his previous academy.

3965374.png

Jesus Christ...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

images

3965374.png

Jesus Christ...

Yes, Ince is a young player who plays for us. Thus, one of our youngsters who has recently broken into the first team.

Haven't you got a town to be burning or something?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

images

3965374.png

Jesus Christ...

I don't see anyone claiming him as one of our academy products, just a player who plays for us and is under the age of 23 or so.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Yes, Ince is a young player who plays for us. Thus, one of our youngsters who has recently broken into the first team.

Haven't you got a town to be burning or something?

Haven't you got a pier to be burning or something?

Oh wait, you don't even live in this country. Haven't you got an economy to be ruining or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here