Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's WORST PUB World Cup - nominations

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd look forward to presenting this place the trophy...

Taking in the recent threads of Brighton's BEST pub, and how awful two particular pubs in Ditchling Road are, let's have your nominations for Brighton's Worst Pub.

Each one needs proposing and seconding, must be in Brighton (not '& Hove'), and must be open currently. Historical former shitholes do not count. Reasons for their awfulness would help their case for being entered.

We'll run it once the World Cup Kits World Cup is done.

Go...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bit of a tough one to do Al because once you've been in a pub and decided it's incredibly shite, you're unlikely to go back... and it could subsequently improve remarkably.

Can I please vote for the Franklin and the Wetherspoons on West Street?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not that I frequent them that much any more, can I say The Constant Service, purely on the basis that it used to be so good, and now it isn't.

Jul 7, 2003
The Globe, Middle Street - went there the other night. Only two ales on tap and one of those ran out. Went to get some food to be told the kitchen had a problem and wouldn't be serving again that evening. This was at 6:15pm.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Globe, Middle Street - went there the other night. Only two ales on tap and one of those ran out. Went to get some food to be told the kitchen had a problem and wouldn't be serving again that evening. This was at 6:15pm.

The Globe is a very good call. You can't have a pint in there without having a stomach ache for about a week afterwards. Can only assume they last cleaned their lines in about 1982.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nominate The Mash Tun, simply because it had the pretension to try and tell a group of 4 blokes we could not enter, at about 6pm on a (non-football) Saturday afternoon. i say try because we simply went in the other door, so pretentious and stupid. and if i recall the beer was iffy too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here