Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Poyet still chasing Buckley?

0 Not allowed!
    Gus Poyet is eyeing a reunion with Brighton winger Will Buckley next season – whatever division Sunderland are in................?

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/fo...ighton-6944082

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Meh. Hopefully he'll share some of the parachute payment love and we'll invest it in someone who is more consistent.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      He won't have too much trouble catching him, Will will pull a hamstring after 100 yards.
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeerMan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Meh. Hopefully he'll share some of the parachute payment love and we'll invest it in someone who is more consistent.
      What you talking about, he is consistently injured.
      [Insert witty title here] shaolinpunk's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Buckley is unplayable on his day. Unfortunately, inconsistent form and hamstrings made of paper mean it's not his day as often as anyone would like.

If we get a generous offer I'd be open to him leaving if we can find someone suitable to replace him, but otherwise I'd be happier to keep him.
      Error;; File 'KateUptonBouncing.gif' not loaded. Click HERE to open image
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      What worries me most is the fact this his hamstrings seem to be getting worse each season, not better. I remember when he first joined and it was blamed partly to growth spurts, but it's obviously something much more serious than that. Another couple of seasons like this and surely his future as a professional footballer must be up in the air? Which would be devastating as such a talent when at his best.

Let's hope I'm completely wrong.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Seagull View Post
      What worries me most is the fact this his hamstrings seem to be getting worse each season, not better. I remember when he first joined and it was blamed partly to growth spurts, but it's obviously something much more serious than that. Another couple of seasons like this and surely his future as a professional footballer must be up in the air? Which would be devastating as such a talent when at his best.

Let's hope I'm completely wrong.
      He's not up to a fight on the pitch so very much doubt he is on the treatment table. Last time he not so much limped off he wimped off. Vicente number 2.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

0 Not allowed!
      William, William Buckley’s hamstrings go easily. Da Da Did Da Da, Da Da Did Da Da etc

Seriously though, great player but I'm not confident he will ever be injury free.

If Gus could do us another favour and put in a good bid like he did for Bridcutt, I would take the money.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      William, William Buckley’s hamstrings go easily. Da Da Did Da Da, Da Da Did Da Da etc

Seriously though, great player but I'm not confident he will ever be injury free.

If Gus could do us another favour and put in a good bid like he did for Bridcutt, I would take the money.
      You're not allowed to say that! When he scores two goals or puts in a half decent performance sometime in the distance future, a smug smart arse is going to bounce this and use your post against you.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeerMan View Post
      You're not allowed to say that! When he scores two goals or puts in a half decent performance sometime in the distance future, a smug smart arse is going to bounce this and use your post against you.
      You are right of course, the song just slipped out