Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I need a solicitor for a bit of mortgage work

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm right at the end of a remortgage, but before the lender releases the funds they have just sprung this clause on me:

"Condition 17.56 – Prior to the release of funds we require the details a UK firm of solicitors minimum of 2 partners on whom we can serve notice on in the event of default. "

This is apparently standard practise for expats like myself. And all the lender needs is someone to email and "confirm you a willing to act for the above mentioned mutual clients in the event of a default in relation to condition 17.56 of their mortgage offer".

The person I usually use (and probably will not use again) needs to consult the head of practice and this person is away for two weeks. Not impressed.

Anyone willing to help out? More than happy to pay the rate; before anyone asks I'm not after a favour.

Please PM me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I use Moira McFarlane at fitzhugh gates. Always been brilliant for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't think US is a solicitor, more a mortgage man - of course he may be able to recommend a solicitor but what Mr Tub is asking for sounds like a bit more than basic conveyancing ....

Thanks. And yes I guess it is beyond conveyancing. As I understand it I need a solicitor to represent me and which the lender can serve papers on if I default on mortgage payments. I must admit it seems a bit odd.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here