Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Ward: Back on Track

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Stephen Ward believes Brighton & Hove Albion’s play-off push is now firmly back on track.

The left-back netted in Tuesday night’s emphatic 4-1 win at promoted Leicester City and believes the victory can act as a springboard for the remainder of the season.

He told seagulls.co.uk, “We’ve had some disappointing results in recent weeks, but I knew that it might only take one game to turn things around and that has happened.“Teams around us have been slipping up and we’re very much in the mix. We know we’ve still got to have a very strong finish to the season but we feel we’re a good enough squad to make the top six.
“It’s been hard for us in recent weeks; we’ve had a very tough run of games, with two games a week and three games on the road, but we’ve kept going. We’ve got a really good side and if we don’t make the play-offs it will be really disappointing.”
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, Ward believes the club is moving in the right direction and heading towards the Premier League.
“The facilities here are some of the best I’ve seen as a footballer. The stadium is unbelievable, the new training ground is going to be one of the best in the country – in fact everything is ready for the Premier League.
“Players are going to want to come to this club, which is a real positive, and I’ve only had good experiences since I’ve been here.”
Read more from Stephen in this Saturday’s Seagull, Albion’s award-winning matchday programme, available at the stadium and priced at £3.50.
Albion v Doncaster at the Amex on February 8th, 3pm kick off. Tickets available online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/blue-and-white-day-for-donny-1315048.aspx#7AAWVVQGsLbq7DAw.99
Albion v Charlton at the Amex on April 12th, 3pm kick off. Tickets available online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.
Albion v Doncaster at the Amex on February 8th, 3pm kick off. Tickets available online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/blue-and-white-day-for-donny-1315048.aspx#7AAWVVQGsLbq7DAw.99

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here