Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

walking to the amex?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How long would it take from Asda Hollingbury to the Amex?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I live near Fiveways, and will get round to undertaking this walk one day.

Up to Hollingbury Golf Course, past the old Hollingbury Fort, along the ridge above Coldean, over the A27 into Stanmer Woods, and down into Stanmer Park. About an hour, I reckon - having admired the scenery etc.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's bad enough getting up the steps to the WSU for me, let alone walking to the ground in the first place :eek:

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
I walked back from the Boro game all along Lewis Road via the Lanes to the station.

5.5 miles in an hour and 45 (4.8 Amex to Churchill Sq.).

Cathartic.

shangambling1

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton
A path has been built running alongside the falmer road from Woodingdean (top) to Falmer village. Great walk on MatchDays if weathers nice. Takes about 30 minutes and the path ends up basically outside the Swan pub Falmer. Give it a go!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I keep meaning to attempt the walk from Burgess Hill. I'm told there are footpaths all the way over the Downs from Ditchling Beacon, so I'll give it a go one day when I've got a few hours spare pre-match.

Not every game, obviously. That would detract from pub time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I keep meaning to attempt the walk from Burgess Hill. I'm told there are footpaths all the way over the Downs from Ditchling Beacon, so I'll give it a go one day when I've got a few hours spare pre-match.

Not every game, obviously. That would detract from pub time.

I used to do the walk from Park Wood to Falmer as a youngster.

There are paths which lead from the Beacon to Stanmer. And they're all downhill.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I walked back from the Boro game all along Lewis Road via the Lanes to the station.

5.5 miles in an hour and 45 (4.8 Amex to Churchill Sq.).

Cathartic.

Sounds like a circuitous route.

Cloggie

Feb 21, 2012
I walk from Fulking sometimes. Up the Dyke, over Saddlescombe, over the A23, follow the path up the side of the A27, accross Dithling Road and then down through the woods through Stanmer Park. About 9.5 miles, takes just under 2 hours. Well earned pie and a pint at the ground after that.
Only on nice days though. May well do again on Saturday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I used to do the walk from Park Wood to Falmer as a youngster.

There are paths which lead from the Beacon to Stanmer. And they're all downhill.

What's Park Wood?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've walked a few times from the Newmarket pub. Nice carvery.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I once walked from the Falmer pitches (BACA) to Withdean Stadium. My son had played football in the morning so I decided we would walk to Withdean . Felt a bit sorry for my son . He was 9 at the time and had just played a game . To make matters worse , it was the Sunday game where we lost 0-4 at home to Blackpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here