Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worldstores.co.uk

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Anyone bought furniture from this online company before?

I did and I wish I hadn't.

Having spend approx £500 I am still yet to receive my purchase. No contact number listed on the website, the numbers I have obtained from various complains forums just ring out.

Sent numerous emails to there complaints department none of which I have received a response from.

What's my next step here?

Citizens advice, Trading Standards??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How did you pay?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Via debit card online

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just run them through a credit tool at work.

-£2.6m net worth in last set of accounts, 2 CCJ's against the company in the last 12 months. I hope you paid by credit card, if so ask them to reverse charges.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Just run them through a credit tool at work.

-£2.6m net worth in last set of accounts, 2 CCJ's against the company in the last 12 months. I hope you paid by credit card, if so ask them to reverse charges.

Great

Must admit the reviews I've subsequently read have been far from favourable and that's putting it mildly.

As I paid by debit card not sure what my rights are. Probably don't have any

This company needs investigating

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
was literally just about to put my card details in to order a shed online from them. Will steer well clear now! And to echo the others - if you've paid by CC the distance selling agreement protects you so you can get a refund if you contact your card provider.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anyone bought furniture from this online company before?

I did and I wish I hadn't.

Having spend approx £500 I am still yet to receive my purchase. No contact number listed on the website, the numbers I have obtained from various complains forums just ring out.

Sent numerous emails to there complaints department none of which I have received a response from.

What's my next step here?

Citizens advice, Trading Standards??

If you ring the number on their homepage, then choose "Sales" they answer it very promptly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That said, I've run some information, and they are paying suppliers, just nearly 28 days late. I'd probably still steer clear though

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
If you ring the number on their homepage, then choose "Sales" they answer it very promptly.

Can you post that. Can't seem to find it

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm pretty sure you can still ask your bank to get money back even if it was paid via debit card.

After seeing this on BBC Breakfast news (about 18 months - 2 years ago), my Dad successfully claimed back money from a company that took money, but never provided the service paid for. It may be a bit trickier if it isn't paid with Credit Card, but it can be done.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
was literally just about to put my card details in to order a shed online from them. Will steer well clear now! And to echo the others - if you've paid by CC the distance selling agreement protects you so you can get a refund if you contact your card provider.

Yeah don't bother mate. Not worth the agg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here