Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Oscar really leaving ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The rumours have now made the print edition of todays Daily Mail and a large article says he is off due to the transfer policy, doesn't sound to me like the reporter is making things up as a strange thing to do so. Is he really peed off with the transfer policy and is it time Barber addressed these comments, last thing we need is this going on like last season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The rumours have now made the print edition of todays Daily Mail and a large article says he is off due to the transfer policy, doesn't sound to me like the reporter is making things up as a strange thing to do so. Is he really peed off with the transfer policy and is it time Barber addressed these comments, last thing we need is this going on like last season.

are you the 'journalists' source?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I don't get all this, why is the Albion's transfer policy so different to any other clubs in the Football League. We are all under the rules of FFP and therefore all in the same boat.

I'm sure it's different in the Premier but would you trust OG with all those millions to spend, he hasn't mastered the Championship yet so won't master the Premier where clubs seem happy to hire and fire.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Why is Barber's fault if (IF) Oscar has a problem with our transfer policy but it was Gus' previously?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Don't like your new avatar Ernest ... prefer the old one of the shirt with your name on the back ... sorry just thought l'd mention it.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I don't get all this, why is the Albion's transfer policy so different to any other clubs in the Football League. We are all under the rules of FFP and therefore all in the same boat.

Because we seem to be one of only a few clubs abiding by the rules!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is an example of " The Kid That Cried Wolf". Ernesto writes a reasonable post using reasonable spelling and no caps, and people have trouble taking him seriously. :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The club or Oscar need to put this to bed or it will unsettle the players not to mention the natives....

The club need to act on this, we all know what happened last season, & how it all ended badly.....

We deserve to know, we pay the money, and keep the faith.....

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The club or Oscar need to put this to bed or it will unsettle the players not to mention the natives....

The club need to act on this, we all know what happened last season, & how it all ended badly.....

We deserve to know, we pay the money, and keep the faith.....

I doubt it will have the same effect this season as last. I don't think I would look at any of the squad as " Oscar's players" they same way I did with Gus. I can't see any of them being too fussed if he goes.

I don't think too many supporters will shed a tear either, he hasn't really connected with the fans, and our recent track record of hiring good managers who play football the right way will leave most fans relaxed about the next appointment.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Had a very interesting conversation last night with someone who has been involved with the club in various capacities for the past 20 years (mainly as a club sponsor) will pass on what he told me...

Basically Bloom has instructed Barber and Burke to pretty much take over control of player recruitment, contract negotiations and the whole scouting network at the club, Bloom wanted a total change in the way that the club was structured and basically tasked Burke with 'cleaning up after Gus' part of that was to dispose of the players that were pro Gus (and verbally pro Gus) and at the same time ensure that the club progressed youngsters through both the academy and U21 setups, hence the progression and transition of the likes of Ince and March.

He also informed me that there will be significant changes in the summer, both within the structure of the club and also in terms of the playing squad, expect to see more of the players inherited by Gus to depart and expect to see further progression from the youth setup and increased investment in bringing in younger players to the club but within the development squad initially.

Oscar was fully aware of Blooms intentions prior to taking on the role of head coach and was also aware of the clubs long term commitment to FFP, he bought into developing the younger players and progressing them through the club and also accepted the days of spending 3 million on a player (CMS) was not in the clubs short term plans (driven by Gus under the old structure) and that whilst investment was still available and the playing budget actually increased, the clubs priority was to have the club on a steady footing financially but also to remain competitive on the pitch.

He was adamant that Bloom will not gamble with the clubs future, he won’t gamble on promotion by spending beyond the clubs means and Bloom is very much looking at the long term goal and development of the club at every level, ensuring the club is 'Premier League Ready' and setup to sustain that level rather than experience it and suffer as a consequence of it.

Finally, despite what you read in the press, Oscar is exceptionally happy at Brighton, he and his family are settled and enjoy life in England, he is very much part of the long term plan and understands his role within the clubs structure, expect to see big changes in the summer, Oscars influence grow in time but at present the focus is 'moving on from Gus' and that’s why Burke and Barber are heavily involved in the mandate given out by Bloom.

In Bloom I trust and in Oscar I believe.......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Latest rumour is Gus is planning for next season in The Championship with an ambitious bid for Buckley over the summer. If Buckley does figure in the OG rebuild of the squad will this be the straw that breaks the camel's back ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Had a very interesting conversation last night with someone who has been involved with the club in various capacities for the past 20 years (mainly as a club sponsor) will pass on what he told me...

Basically Bloom has instructed Barber and Burke to pretty much take over control of player recruitment, contract negotiations and the whole scouting network at the club, Bloom wanted a total change in the way that the club was structured and basically tasked Burke with 'cleaning up after Gus' part of that was to dispose of the players that were pro Gus (and verbally pro Gus) and at the same time ensure that the club progressed youngsters through both the academy and U21 setups, hence the progression and transition of the likes of Ince and March.

He also informed me that there will be significant changes in the summer, both within the structure of the club and also in terms of the playing squad, expect to see more of the players inherited by Gus to depart and expect to see further progression from the youth setup and increased investment in bringing in younger players to the club but within the development squad initially.

Oscar was fully aware of Blooms intentions prior to taking on the role of head coach and was also aware of the clubs long term commitment to FFP, he bought into developing the younger players and progressing them through the club and also accepted the days of spending 3 million on a player (CMS) was not in the clubs short term plans (driven by Gus under the old structure) and that whilst investment was still available and the playing budget actually increased, the clubs priority was to have the club on a steady footing financially but also to remain competitive on the pitch.

He was adamant that Bloom will not gamble with the clubs future, he won’t gamble on promotion by spending beyond the clubs means and Bloom is very much looking at the long term goal and development of the club at every level, ensuring the club is 'Premier League Ready' and setup to sustain that level rather than experience it and suffer as a consequence of it.

Finally, despite what you read in the press, Oscar is exceptionally happy at Brighton, he and his family are settled and enjoy life in England, he is very much part of the long term plan and understands his role within the clubs structure, expect to see big changes in the summer, Oscars influence grow in time but at present the focus is 'moving on from Gus' and that’s why Burke and Barber are heavily involved in the mandate given out by Bloom.

In Bloom I trust and in Oscar I believe.......

I don't think the fans are going to like it when we sell Ulloa to the SCUM :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here