Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rod Stewart Tickets......not going so well?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm a little surprised really. Admittedly, when it was announced I was underwhelmed, as I can't even name any of his songs, but I assumed he would have a huge fanbase after so many years that'd snap tickets up.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Depends on what seats they are for... where the cheapest ticket was £55 Groupon are saying from £56.75...not a ground breaking offer.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good. Who the **** wants to see an old has been.

Should have got something for the younger generations and priced it reasonably.

As long as the club make the money they were meant to though its no bad thing I guess.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've seen Rod Stewart in concert at the O2 and he was brilliant, the most audience participation ever. At times I swear everybody in the place was singing the words along - "i Don't Want To Talk About It" being particularly memorable.

Outdoor in a football stadium with the potential for rain makes this a slightly less attractive proposition, although it comes down to price. He is a brilliantly charismatic performer.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've seen Rod Stewart in concert at the O2 and he was brilliant, the most audience participation ever. At times I swear everybody in the place was singing the words along - "i Don't Want To Talk About It" being particularly memorable.

Outdoor in a football stadium with the potential for rain makes this a slightly less attractive proposition, although it comes down to price. He is a brilliantly charismatic performer.

That's why I'm kinda looking forward to it. Primary reason for going is because Mrs P likes him, but I think it should be a pretty good show whether you are a big fan of his music or not.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Isn't it the case that he actually tours quite a lot? I'm not sure his fans are of an age that wants to go 'gigging' on a regular basis....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
And he's not in that bracket of artist that you would just go and see regardless of whether you're a big fan or not - I'm not a massive Micky Jackson fan, but got tickets for one of his O2 dates as he's someone you just have to see if you can, until he let me down, tossser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here