Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions League

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Did anyone else pick out those results over the last 2 nights? There's been some great action.

A Bayern v Real Madrid final would be awesome but it's so open this year!

D

Deleted member 18477

Bayern, Athletico or Madrid, 2 of those 3 in the final would be great.

Reckon Jose will do it with Chelsea though. He's the master at getting a result when one is needed most.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I have £30 on Athletico winning it all at 33/1.

No prizes for guessing who I am cheering on!

Not scared at all by Real or Chelsea, but would rather play Bayern in a one match final final than over 2 legs.

Simone is a tactical genius, he could do to Bayern what Chelsea did a couple of years ago.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I will be cheering Atletico Madrid now. Just had a weekend in Madrid (seemed like a better bet than one in Barnsley - bad fan) and went to the Stadio Vicente Calderon. Their fans are amazing - noise throughout a rather uninspiring 1-0 win over Villareal, incredibly loud considering 3/4 of the stadium doesn't have a roof and Simeone was out of his technical area encouraging them to make more noise in the last 10 mins or so. Wish we could match that at the Amex.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Four great coaches left. Atletico have a title race and lack experience, Chelsea have a striker issue, Real a defender issue. For me Bayern are the likely winner.

Of the QFs the Dortmund - Real match was a masterclass by the Germans. My 8 year old son learned more about football watching them than of any match we've watched together. It was the very definition of how to defend, now to play midfield, how to press, how to force defenders into mistakes.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
From Football 365
Courtois is currently in his third season on-loan at the Vicente Calderon from Chelsea.

And whilst there is nothing stopping Courtois featuring against his parent club - as would be the case in the Premier League - there is a clause in the deal that looks set to scupper any chance of that happening.

Chelsea inserted a clause in the deal that means Atletico would have to pay them extra money for every time Courtois appears against them.

Some reports claim it is as much as £4million per match, although the exact figure has not been confirmed.

However, Atletico president Cerezo has confirmed that the clause does exist and if the two teams are drawn together, then Courtois is unlikely to feature.

Speaking to Spanish radio Onda Cero, he said: "It is a figure that we cannot pay."

Should Atletico draw Chelsea, and Courtois does not play, then the Spanish side would have to turn to their number two - 34-year-old Dani Aranzubia, who has played just once for them this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here