Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lancing Pubs

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Evenin' oh wise sages of NSC (there has to be a few surely?). I've recently moved to Lancing from near the centre of Brighton and, as I'm sure you can all appreciate, I now need to find a local pub to call my own (the final stage of any house move I feel).

Whilst I do eventually intend to try out all the nearby places, does anyone have any recommendations (or horror stories) as to where to start my noble quest?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
A few mates of mine live in Lancing, around the Crabtree Lane area. Saying that, we occasionally meet up at The Crabtree as it's central to where they live. Quite big, nothing rowdy as far as I've seen, and they show footy.

Yoda

English & European
Steer clear of the Monk and the Farmers and you should be fine. Although I did move out of Lancing 7 years ago so they might have changed.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Steer clear of the Monk and the Farmers and you should be fine. Although I did move out of Lancing 7 years ago so they might have changed.

I moved from Brighton in 1985 to live in Sompting, I moved back after a year but I was warned to steer well clear of The Merry Monk back then, nothing changes. :)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
None of them are really bad like they were in the 70's and 80's, MM is probably the one to really avoid, but there really is a poor choice, Crabtree best of a bad bunch although I haven't been in the Joyful Whippet since it has reopened and rebranded back to its original name.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
The New Sussex seems OK, although I've only been in a couple of times and always before going to get some grub in Meze Meze.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So, thus far it can be summarised as; dodge Farmers and Merry Monk, others all worth a go? Shall be going for a wander this weekend then I think!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
depending your age on what ur looking for,if u want a ruck then go merry monk or farmers,the new sussex is ok,the marquis ,crabtree and gardeners are fine,stay away from joyfull whippet,but depending on where you live,join the empire or legion,cheap drink,decent snooker tables and entertainment and are very family friendly

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here