Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player Extended Highlights - Leicester

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Sometimes the quality is fairly poor for these highlights, but they've hit a new low with this one, it looks like it was filmed with a potato!
In this day and age when you can now get 4k quality video on YouTube, the distance the football league are behind current technology is quite staggering. It's barely worth watching, the quality is poorer than the majority of streams we get, you can't see which player is which!

For anybody that wants to endure it themselves - http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/la...ame/extended-highlights--leicester-1-albion-4

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
The YouTube highlights are only 3 mins long though, I play £40(ish) per year to get 12 minutes highlights of each game, I want them to be watchable!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Sometimes the quality is fairly poor for these highlights, but they've hit a new low with this one, it looks like it was filmed with a potato!
In this day and age when you can now get 4k quality video on YouTube, the distance the football league are behind current technology is quite staggering. It's barely worth watching, the quality is poorer than the majority of streams we get, you can't see which player is which!

For anybody that wants to endure it themselves - http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/la...ame/extended-highlights--leicester-1-albion-4
i agree i feel the quality is poor for the video highlights

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I believe the club are handed footage from the away club for the extended highlights. It appears the footage from the main camera at Leicester is at a rubbish resolution compared to the detail shots. You can see this as it clips away on replays. The stuff that is shot at the Amex is always pretty decent.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I believe the club are handed footage from the away club for the extended highlights. It appears the footage from the main camera at Leicester is at a rubbish resolution compared to the detail shots. You can see this as it clips away on replays. The stuff that is shot at the Amex is always pretty decent.

I watched the highlights on Leicesters player earlier and it was much better quality then ours. Also when they put the price of player up last year they said we would get high quality highlights, which never happened, Awful resolution

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
All it needs is a bit of wobble from tracking and you can pretend it's a video from the 90s that has been uploaded

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I quite like it, made me think of Mexico World cup on the telly, just needs a few random trumpet noises.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it might be rubbish
but it is all I have got

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The quality is rubbish. It's all about bandwidth apparently
When you watch the replay on the Sky app, it's top quality
Watch on Seagulls player it's crap. I may cancel soon.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

It really isn't that great. Especially when,as the OP says, you can watch stuff on YT etc in such HQ

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Warren A "I think we can do this its in our own hands".

3 at home, Huds away and Forest will probably be out of it, enuff said..

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
It's Player. They only allow a certain level of resolution to be uploaded. They film everything in HD at The Amex (See big screen shots/slow mo). Don't blame the club, not their fault.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
it might be rubbish
but it is all I have got

Indeed, and there's the rub, why spend money on a better picture when we all lap it up as is, complaining as we go or not. I caugt up on the last 3 games last night, a veritable goals feast and whilst the resolution was shite as ever I still thoroughly enjoyed it....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's Player. They only allow a certain level of resolution to be uploaded. They film everything in HD at The Amex (See big screen shots/slow mo). Don't blame the club, not their fault.

I actually think this one is the camera footage though. The score in the top left is "clear" (by Perform's standard) and when it switches to shots from other cameras it's better. But still bad.
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The people responsible for player are just useless. The picture quality is terrible and for it not be compatible with iOS devices is just unforgivable in this day and age. I subscribe to NFL game pass, mlb.tv and have had a subscription to ESPN Player before all of which offer HD quality STREAMING and playback video. The difference is staggering. If player was free then fair enough but it is a PAID for service and because of the deal struck by the FL the clubs and us are stuck with an embarrassingly substandard service.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with all of the comments regarding the poor quality. Recently I've also suffered a problem with playback on the highlights, it will play for about 10 seconds but then stops for about 15. I'm using android with dolphin browser and it's been okay up til now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here