Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ripping Yarns. Thursday night at 10pm BBC 3/4.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you have never seen before,take alook.must be 30 years old programme. :clap2:

Which one is first up ? I hope ir is The Curse of The Claw ?..... well alright I'd take Golden Gordon or Tompkinsons Schooldays, for obvious reasons.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Looking at info tomorrow's is Eric Outhwaite ? However this is number two,missed last week.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
PRECIPITATION, mmmmm

You boring little tit Eric.

Eric Olthwaite: It were hard to accept I were boring. Especially with my interest in rain fall.

Tomkinsons schooldays was last week.I missed it.

Last edited:

..It's an icebreaker sir.

Scarily I recall the series from the "upper 6th" days at school (year 13 to you youngsters) - actually it would have been the pilot episode "Tomkinson's schooldays" in January 1976 (lower 6th, year 12 kids).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
..It's an icebreaker sir.

Scarily I recall the series from the "upper 6th" days at school (year 13 to you youngsters) - actually it would have been the pilot episode "Tomkinson's schooldays" in January 1976 (lower 6th, year 12 kids).

" What's the scale ?"..... " er, one to one sir "

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
"New boarder Tomkinson is thoroughly miserable at Graybridge public school where he has to fight the grizzly bear,get nailed to the wall on St Tadger's Day and do the bidding of Grayson,also known as School Bully. When his mother refuses to let him come home he makes several attempts to escape,all unsuccessful,but after winning the Thirty Mile Hop against a rival (Buddhist) public school he is promoted to School Bully when Grayson leaves for Eton."

Cracking stuff. :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was in the last year at school and was voted in as 'school bully' after that first episode.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Which one had this line ?

"don't talk to me about sophistication, I've been T'Leeds"

Edit that was Harry Enfield. For some reason I always remembered it as from Ripping yarns

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Have had the DVD for years... watched them all again recently.

Tomkinson's School Days (with the boy being crucified at the entrance to the school) and Escape from Stalag Luft 112 B are my two favourites.

These are up there with the Comic Strip as some of the cleverest comedy ever made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here