Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I-Pie app .... Coming to the Amex soon?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Many of football's technological leaps forward -- goal-line tech, fifth and sixth officials with magic plastic wands, etc., etc. -- leave us feeling distinctly nonplussed. But finally, Burnley FC have done something to make us sit up and take note.

The Clarets have announced the launch of a new mobile app that allows supporters to place online orders for their half-time pies days before a game, ensuring they neither have to queue nor pay for their snacks on match day.

Developed in partnership with digital tech company Preoday, the "i-Pie" online ordering app (which went live before last weekend's game against Yeovil) was commissioned by Burnley to help "increase food and drink sales and reduce queues during the traditionally frantic half-time service."

Here's how it works, per the instructions on the app installation page ...

“With the app you can place your order where ever and whenever you like. At half-time, look for the designated service point under the stand.

“Take your phone with you to collect your order and show the service staff the verification code on the phone. They will have your order ready for you ... and of course there’s no need for payment at the till.”

The app is free and available to download now, though it's simply called "Burnley FC" if you wish to search for it (it's available on both iTunes and Google Play), meaning you need never queue for your "miscellaneous meat and onion" pie at Turf Moor ever again.

These are truly heady days we live in, people!

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thetoepoke/id/4391?cc=5739

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well since the internet is absolutely terrible - no.

Though it is possible if they do get wi-fi, would be brilliant to add it onto that digital stadium app too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How about I-Pie Roulette, an app where you spin a wheel with a flick of your finger across the screen and when it stops it points to a pie flavour that you HAVE to have. It would be HILARIO if you were in a group with a vegetarian, a carnivore and someone who was allergic to chicken. I imagine the fun would never end. Plus there's still a chance you wouldn't get what the app demanded anyway.

*makes app*
*phones Channel 5 regarding fly on the wall documentaries about vegetarians*

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Internet still works fine in WSU with 3.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agreed, since moving to a 4G phone I have the luxury of high speed internet in the stadium. Hope it lasts.

5G isn't that too far away by which time 4G will be the norm.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
How about I-Pie Roulette, an app where you spin a wheel with a flick of your finger across the screen and when it stops it points to a pie flavour that you HAVE to have. It would be HILARIO if you were in a group with a vegetarian, a carnivore and someone who was allergic to chicken. I imagine the fun would never end. Plus there's still a chance you wouldn't get what the app demanded anyway.

*makes app*
*phones Channel 5 regarding fly on the wall documentaries about vegetarians*

Can one be allergic to chicken? ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There will still be queues, surely, just new, fractionally quicker moving queues.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
There will still be queues, surely, just new, fractionally quicker moving queues.

The service staff will be queuing to give out the pies. If they give you the wrong one you can take it to customer services which doubles up as a confectionary stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here