Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester fan in peace!

chris_lcfc_85

Apr 9, 2014
Hi guys,

Season ticket holder at the KP plus been to a good few away games so like to think i know my stuff.....

Anyway, congratulations on the win last night but more so the performance. Yes i think we had a party hangover and he made a few changes which i disagreed with but absolute credit you boys, much the better side and easily the best side i've seen this season, you have some quality players and your good to watch. Ulloa is a handful!

I need to ask though, how are you not higher up!!!???? You've played us off the park twice this season and the only side to do that on our home pitch. Forest beat us our place but they were average

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Last night was something else! We've only played like that a few times this season. Don't know about anyone else but I was surprised we went so attacking, and I think Leicester were also surprised by it too.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks Chris. We are not higher in the table as we are not clinical in front of goal, in other games we may well have missed all the opportunities we had last night. Injuries have played a part, but mostly wasteful finishing has let us down. Can't believe we have put seven past you this season. Enjoy your promotion and beat Reading on monday to go after the title!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
We are inconsistent, had a lot of injuries and rarely start more than one game with the same 11 players and our pattern of play invariably ends up as 4-5-1 rather than the 4-3-3 it's supposed to be.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Because we only play well against the top teams this season - 6 points off you, 4 each off Burnley and QPR.

Against the lower teams, we tend to blow it.

Still we have Charlton, Blackpool and Yeovil, all at home, left to try to put that right.

Congratulations on the promotion and thanks for helping keep our playoff hopes alive.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A bucket load of injuries has been the real problem and the loss of our player of the season for 2 years.

And as has been said we play well against the top sides and then blow it against the lower end.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We won because we had to throw caution to the wind. That's my take on it.

We have some amazingly quick and talented players but recently they're either not been played, or played out of position with only one striker to aim at. Last night we put out a team that was buzzing with pace and it paid off. Our next five games ARE winnable and if we put the same team out we'll win them. We just need to go for it now. I'd rather we died trying than limply passed it aimlessly and only manage one shot on target.

Oscar got his tactics bang on yesterday. The first time in weeks IMO. That's the team we CAN be. I'm hopeful that if we get the better of Charlton on Saturday we'll make the top 6.

Last edited:

chris_lcfc_85

Apr 9, 2014
Yeah but you were very very good last night..... all over the pitch and clearly have some class players.
You were very physical as well, bullied us in every area.

On that performance your a certainty for the playoffs and i wish you the best of luck.

Credit to your fans last night too, decent turn out for a Tuesday. Shame our's were a let down

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yeah but you were very very good last night..... all over the pitch and clearly have some class players.
You were very physical as well, bullied us in every area.

On that performance your a certainty for the playoffs and i wish you the best of luck.

Credit to your fans last night too, decent turn out for a Tuesday. Shame our's were a let down

Thanks. Enjoy the Premiership. Over the course of the season you've earnt it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck in the PL....make sure you take 6 points off palace for us!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hi guys,

Season ticket holder at the KP plus been to a good few away games so like to think i know my stuff.....

Anyway, congratulations on the win last night but more so the performance. Yes i think we had a party hangover and he made a few changes which i disagreed with but absolute credit you boys, much the better side and easily the best side i've seen this season, you have some quality players and your good to watch. Ulloa is a handful!

I need to ask though, how are you not higher up!!!???? You've played us off the park twice this season and the only side to do that on our home pitch. Forest beat us our place but they were average

You will go up as Champions because you have been the best and most consistent side this season. Your combination of pace and power has been too much for most teams. I would also suggest that your tactics have been relatively unsophisticated. This is not necessarily a criticism at this level, as players have been switched in and out of the team, with little impact. More guile will be required in the premiership, but I guess you know that already.

Last season we won comfortably at Cardiff and with the exception of a thumping at Liverpool, in the last few seasons we have looked competitive against good sides, so this is nothing new for us. We do however have a tendency to over elaborate and this season in particular we have not been able to grind out results against the weaker sides. We also have a pool of skilful players who have missed far too many games this season, with unspecified injuries (along with a couple of serious long term ones). Let's just say that none of these injuries have come from playing through the pain barrier. We may need to let the odd good footballer go in the summer and bring in a few more triers, if we are to progress.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hi guys,

Good luck for next season. Pearson is one of the best up and coming English managers, glad you stuck with him

If we'd lost, your crowd would have been deafening. When they got going they were very loud

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Great to have a decent gracious post by an away fan.

I would counter and say that I like Leicester. Your fans on the whole are proper fans, you made good noise and I liked the attempted pitch invasion. Shame you weren't allowed. Hope you manage it when you win the title.

I should also add that there is a lot of stadium snobbery on here, but I like your stadium. Yes it's a bowl like lots of others but it's been well done, good noise, good concourse, good area outside the ground, and the stewards were friendly and welcoming.

And please please please beat Reading on Monday night.

chris_lcfc_85

Apr 9, 2014
Great to have a decent gracious post by an away fan.

I would counter and say that I like Leicester. Your fans on the whole are proper fans, you made good noise and I liked the attempted pitch invasion. Shame you weren't allowed. Hope you manage it when you win the title.

And please please please beat Reading on Monday night.

We have some good hardcore fans but we only filled our stadium last night as the 'part time' fans turned up and then left really early.... quite poor to be honest.
I was there clapping and singing at 4-0 to recognise our performances over the course of the season.

In fairness, you boys were a joy to watch. Was impressed with alot of your players, plsus Lua Lua ALWAYS plays well against us and delighted for Lingard to score. He was on loan here last season but never quite happened for him

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We have some good hardcore fans but we only filled our stadium last night as the 'part time' fans turned up and then left really early.... quite poor to be honest.
I was there clapping and singing at 4-0 to recognise our performances over the course of the season.

In fairness, you boys were a joy to watch. Was impressed with alot of your players, plsus Lua Lua ALWAYS plays well against us and delighted for Lingard to score. He was on loan here last season but never quite happened for him

That is by far the best performance Lingard has out in for us. Has looked lightweight and no better than average before last night. Suspect the system suited him much better last night and perhaps he had a point to prove.

As for Kazenga, he has been used as a match winner from the bench for far too long and last night he proved he could start and really influence a game. Should be a certain starter every match for me if fit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here