Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last night...best away performance in the Amex era?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was up there with a couple of away days at Cardiff.

I really thought Leicester would have been more up for it. Promoted, but not Champions. Probably have their bonuses now and don't care...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remember our results after we gained promotion from League 1?

I listened to the 0-2 at Cardiff on 5 live. Steve Claridge's was the commentator and we were under the cosh.

"There's only one team that are going to score here" within a minute we were one up :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I quite enjoyed the 3-1 away to Cardiff City when Barnes scored two and Hoskins scored (I think) in our first season back in the Championship.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I quite enjoyed the 3-1 away to Cardiff City when Barnes scored two and Hoskins scored (I think) in our first season back in the Championship.

Yep Sept 2011. Last night we completely bossed it from start to finish. Pretty close to the complete performance..

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was at Cardiff as well as at Leicester last night and the victory feeling was similar BUT we were a bit lucky to win at Cardiff with a smash and grab raid, whereas at Leicester last night we played the best football I have since in the Oscar football. Totally deserved the result, probably deserved to win by more than three goals.

So for me Leicester away is the best yet in the AMEX era. Especially as it was so very unexpected.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was at Cardiff as well as at Leicester last night and the victory feeling was similar BUT we were a bit lucky to win at Cardiff with a smash and grab raid, whereas at Leicester last night we played the best football I have since in the Oscar football. Totally deserved the result, probably deserved to win by more than three goals.

So for me Leicester away is the best yet in the AMEX era. Especially as it was so very unexpected.

Depends which Cardiff game. The 3-1 we weren't lucky.

Didn't go last night so can't comment on which was better though.

For me the benchmark for recent(ish) away performances remains the complete ownership of Charlton under Poyet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep Sept 2011. Last night we completely bossed it from start to finish. Pretty close to the complete performance..

So gutted not to find a stream. No Football League show either.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I've been at both Cardiff games and last night and I thought last night was the most complete performance! We bossed it from start to finish!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Depends which Cardiff game. The 3-1 we weren't lucky.

Didn't go last night so can't comment on which was better though.

For me the benchmark for recent(ish) away performances remains the complete ownership of Charlton under Poyet.

Yes fair point, I meant it was better than the 2-0, not the 3-1.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The other amazing thing about last night it could have been 6 or 7, 4-1 was by no means flattering. Some memorable away wins in recent years like the 3-1 against Saints, Charlton, the Cardiff 2, Posh Cup final but this was something different

Just hope this gives the confidence we have been so lacking in the past month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here