Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester traffic hell hole...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well done to all that travelled last night, little surprise we out sung Leicester for much of the game....

Did anyone encountered the nightmare traffic getting out of the City? They closed the road going to the M1 and routed through a single track residential area. Didn't reach the M1 till midnight.

No co-ordination between the highways agency, police, club etc. What a shambles.

Its just as well it was probably our best away performance in the Amex era..

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Mad wasn't it! Took 2 hours getting out of Leicester! I got home at 2.30 but I was so happy I didn't even care!

shangambling1

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton
Was awful getting out of Leicester, if the result was any different it would of been p*** poor. As it was one of the best away games i've seen in years, I happily sat there in the traffic !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I thought it was only The Amex that had the 'Getting away' issues? That's what opposition fans keep telling us.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I stayed over last night and am travelling back to Lyme this evening, sounds like I made the right decision.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Yep we got stuck in that as well. Fortunately we were parked in a dodgy £5 car park that somehow got us away from the stadium quite quick so although delayed getting on to the M1 we were back in Worthing by 1.30am.

That said the various lane closures on the M1 and M25 didn't help. Neither did the Washington roundabout closure. Wasn't clever trying to negotiate the diversion with my eyes saying sleepy time. Thank god for red bull.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
The A426 was open when I went down it which gets to the Ring Road and the M1/M69 jcn were you going on the longer route round? Got to the motorways (although M69 in my case) in about 10 minutes most of the hold up was traffic lights around Fosse Park. The Brighton Supporters Coaches (one Worthing and one BHA) passed me as I walked down the A426 (Aylestone Rd/Lutterworth Rd is the A426) around 10:15.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Got back at 2:50 after being stuck in the traffic until 23:30. Annoying but who cares after that result!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here