Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all please agree one thing...

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
That the play-off dream is not over until it is MATHEMATICALLY over. We wouldn't expect the players to give up, so why should the fans?

Plenty on here stated the play-offs were out of reach in February, just like they did last February. The Championship is a crazy, division, and even if we have to go to Forest and win by three and hope Reading lose by three, we still have a chance.

All of a sudden we're two points behind with everything to play for. And guess what? We aren't going to win all of our remaining games, and we are going to play badly in some of them. It would be nice if all the doom merchants didn't ruin the rest of the season by jumping on every below par performance and demanding we sack the manager. The manager who has us two points and one place outside the play offs with 5 games to play, having had no pre season, one arm tied behind his back financially, the worst injury crisis ever to hit the club and no previous experience of English football.

Is there a single person on this board, who if offered last Summer, would not have taken 7th place, 2 points off 6th with no teams in the top 6 left to play, with 5 games to go?

But I have absolutely no doubt that the next time we draw or lose (which we will soon) all the morons will be out again demanding we sack Oscar / Jones / Barber / Burke / Andrews / Richard Reynolds / Gully / Aspinall - delete as applicable to who is villain of the week.

We have a real shot at the play-offs, and you know what? If we manage to make it I reckon we'll go up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That the play-off dream is not over until it is MATHEMATICALLY over. We wouldn't expect the players to give up, so why should the fans?

Plenty on here stated the play-offs were out of reach in February, just like they did last February. The Championship is a crazy, division, and even if we have to go to Forest and win by three and hope Reading lose by three, we still have a chance.

All of a sudden we're two points behind with everything to play for. And guess what? We aren't going to win all of our remaining games, and we are going to play badly in some of them. It would be nice if all the doom merchants didn't ruin the rest of the season by jumping on every below par performance and demanding we sack the manager. The manager who has us two points and one place outside the play offs with 5 games to play, having had no pre season, one arm tied behind his back financially, the worst injury crisis ever to hit the club and no previous experience of English football.

Is there a single person on this board, who if offered last Summer, would not have taken 7th place, 2 points off 6th with no teams in the top 6 left to play, with 5 games to go?

But I have absolutely no doubt that the next time we draw or lose (which we will soon) all the morons will be out again demanding we sack Oscar / Jones / Barber / Burke / Andrews / Richard Reynolds / Gully / Aspinall - delete as applicable to who is villain of the week.

We have a real shot at the play-offs, and you know what? If we manage to make it I reckon we'll go up.

Quite. But far too sensible. :smile:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Logic and reason has no place on here. Be off with you.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's odd how when we lose to another team, there is outrage on here, but when the teams above us are playing anyone else, they're expected to win every game!

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's odd how when we lose to another team, there is outrage on here, but when the teams above us are playing anyone else, they're expected to win every game!

A very astute point. And similar to this crap about how 'we're only anywhere near the play-offs because the teams above us keep messing things up' that the likes of Kevtherev keep telling us. As they did last year. Teams lose football matches, it's what happens. It's like people expect us to win every game, but also expect everyone else to win every game. Bizarre.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well, I said this on 2 April, and I stick by it! :thumbsup:

"
- Barnsley 1
- Leicester 3
- Charlton 3
- Huddersfield 1
- Blackpool 3
- Yeovil 3
- Forest 1

I'm predicting a resurgence back into form and 15 points from the last 7, which could *just* be enough. I'm in optimistic mode - and would also lay odds that if we somehow manage 15, they'll probably look nothing like the above"

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Delighted that we have just destroyed a team that have been promoted to the Premier League on their own patch - and we have actually destroyed them twice this season.

Like many others I only now hope that we are not treated to more cautious rubbish at home games - it has been a very hard watch all season - one man up front - the ball not sticking - our defence and midfield under pressure all game - until the 60th minute when after much head scratching between Jones and Garcia, they bring on Lua Lua who makes things a bit more interesting.

If last night proved anything it shows that being bold can bring results and might be a bit more entertaining for the fans. We should be able to gather points against Yeovil, Blackpool and Charlton by attacking - and I'll live with winning 4-2 rather than 1-0. Play the attacking football you promised at the start of the season Oscar and we've got a chance. Don't bore us to apathy. Some teams will try to limp into the play-offs or blow it - we can storm into the play-offs if we get the style right.

steady on fella:moo:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Delighted that we have just destroyed a team that have been promoted to the Premier League on their own patch - and we have actually destroyed them twice this season.

Like many others I only now hope that we are not treated to more cautious rubbish at home games - it has been a very hard watch all season - one man up front - the ball not sticking - our defence and midfield under pressure all game - until the 60th minute when after much head scratching between Jones and Garcia, they bring on Lua Lua who makes things a bit more interesting.

If last night proved anything it shows that being bold can bring results and might be a bit more entertaining for the fans. We should be able to gather points against Yeovil, Blackpool and Charlton by attacking - and I'll live with winning 4-2 rather than 1-0. Play the attacking football you promised at the start of the season Oscar and we've got a chance. Don't bore us to apathy. Some teams will try to limp into the play-offs or blow it - we can storm into the play-offs if we get the style right.

This

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not gonna happen if we draw or lose against Charlton, you know what will happen on NSC.

Threads on

Oscar in or out poll
We were promised attacking football from Oscar
Poyet would have got us up
Andrews/JFC/Lopez/Greer - Not good enough
Playoff dream over
What a load of rubbish
Did you boo
Jones picks the team
Oscar is a dullard with no charisma
Where was the passion and fight
Etc etc

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's going to be awfully quiet around here until Saturday, really boring. I think Ernest is having the final say on who can post. Can't we get someone English in to coach the posters? Edna has lost the fans! etc etc

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Already we have a clubhouse leader for post of the day. Well said.

I agree with every word apart from the "I reckon we'll go up" bit. :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would be nice if all the doom merchants didn't ruin the rest of the season by jumping on every below par performance and demanding we sack the manager. The manager who has us two points and one place outside the play offs with 5 games to play, having had no pre season, one arm tied behind his back financially, the worst injury crisis ever to hit the club and no previous experience of English football.
Agree with you there.

Can we all please agree one thing...

But disagree with you there. Even if it was mathematically impossible, I still wouldn't expect the players to stop trying to win games. But it's better for my health to accept that we ****ed up, and won't reach the playoffs.

I'm 42, and I'm married, and a school teacher, and that's the bottom of the pit. And the only excitement I've known is here with me now. I'll go with you, and I won't whine, and I'll still be at the games, and I'll still shout at least once per match, and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing. I won't have hope. I'll miss that scene if you don't mind.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The dream isn't over at all - if we win on Saturday we move into sixth place (unless Ipswich score a few more v Donny than we do v Charlton) with Reading facing a embarrassed Leicester side on Monday that will be keen to get back to winning ways

If the results do go our way it'll be then be in our hands

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be fair against Ipswich and Boro at home it was the players that looked like they'd given up. I think we may just have hit on the solution to take us forward last night. Andrews in a true holding role with creative midfielders around him. A midfield three of Andrews, Ince and JFC just doesn't do it for me. That we binned it at the right time suggests we may just be going for it! :thumbsup:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I truelly believe we will get that sixth place. We won three in a row before the latest mini slump and now back on winning form. It's going to be a very Happy Easter for The Albion. Watch this space.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here