oscar-l229-1476688_478x359.jpg

Oscar Garcia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
00:08 9th April 2014
by Adam Tighe
We wanted to play with 18 warriors today and the players did that"
Oscar Garcia
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Oscar Garcia hailed a warrior like performance from his Brighton & Hove Albion players after they toppled table toppers Leicester City with a magnificent 4-1 win and recorded a league double over the Premier League new boys.
The Seagulls produced a dominant and inspirational display at the King Power Stadium to spoil their hosts promotion party to boost their own play-off hopes.
The win also ended the Foxes’ 21-game unbeaten run - stretching from their defeat at the Amex - and Oscar told seagulls.co.uk, “We wanted to play with 18 warriors today and the players did that. It is a massive result for us and I couldn’t be more proud of my players.*
celeb-f229-1476136.jpg

“I am really pleased because it is not easy to come here and play in the way we did but we were the better team from the start until the end. *
“We wanted to play with a high tempo and we did that against the best team in the league, and they are a Premier League side.
“Stephen Ward played the whole second half with a swollen ankle and I am very proud of him and for Leo’s [Ulloa] confidence it will be very good; he helped us a lot.
“But I do not want to speak about individuals because all the players’ performances were spectacular.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion now head back to the American Express Community Stadium to host Charlton on Saturday and know a win could potentially put them back in the top six following Reading’s defeat to Bournemouth tonight - with the Royals not in acton until Monday night, when they host Leicester.
And Oscar believes the Seagulls supporters can play a massive role against the Addicks at the weekend and has urged his players to replicate the display at Leicester.
“We need the support of all the fans just like they have been giving us at all the games and we need to keep playing like this and hopefully our performance on Saturday can be similar to tonight’s.
“With the ball it was one of the best performances of the season. With the best attack in the league it is not easy to not give away any chances but we didn’t concede many and we are capable of fighting with all the big teams.”*

UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Charlton Athletic:
Saturday 12th April, kick-off 3.07pm

Albion v Blackpool:
Monday 21st April, kick-off 3.00pm

Albion v Yeovil Town:
Friday 25th April, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here