Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester fans fire drill - happens all over not just the Amex!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from foxes talk forum

Well that was the problem. The 4th goal went in and there was a mass exodus, which cued the chants about the loyal supporters. Yes people had places to be etc, but thousands poured for the exits, giving up on a team that had just got promoted and suffering quite an obvious promotion hangover.

I don't condone the chants but it was pretty shameful to see so many people leave with 10 minutes still to go.

rest of thread here http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/94153-embarrassing-chants-tonight/

Leicester

Apr 8, 2014
It's the minority part time supporters I'm afraid. The people who were chanting while 4-0 down are the real fans.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This one has made the Daily Mail report- that Leicester fans who'd stayed were singing "where were you when we were shit" to those who left when the third went in.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Everybody is in a mad rush to be somewhere else/do something else.
It is society in general.
A simple example is the time taken to eat a meal, if you compare how long it takes someone to eat a standard meal now compared to the same meal say a decade ago the difference would be great.
I doubt however this happens in lesser developed nations where time is less important.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Big difference is that the Leicester fans left after being 4 down. Our lot it only takes to be one down and sometimes not even that at the Amex. :eek:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Big difference is that the Leicester fans left after being 4 down.
But they'd just got promoted. I'd have stayed to clap the team for getting us into the premier league. So what they lost tonight, they were hungover / not a full strength team etc. It's not like the fans have been let down.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A simple example is the time taken to eat a meal, if you compare how long it takes someone to eat a standard meal now compared to the same meal say a decade ago the difference would be great.
I doubt however this happens in lesser developed nations where time is less important.

Good point, well made.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Where the Hell is there to rush off to in Leicester :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I don't understand this at all. If everyone has to be somewhere else or do something else, then what are they doing attending a football match? Do they all double book themselves on the off chance the team might be losing, which will allow them to leave early and attend both important events?

I think it's more to do with this 'I am entitled to success' mentality in modern society. If it's not going right, don't stay and try and help to put things right, walk off like a spoilt child.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So if I don't leave at 85 minutes to catch a train, which will get me home an hour later, it will help put things right? How does my staying for an extra 5-8 minutes produce 3 goals to win a game? :wink:

It happens more at evening games because people have got work the next day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here