A touch of regret, perhaps?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where are my golf clubs?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I doubt it. The only time Gus may well have any second thoughts is if we manage to leap-frog him.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
he started playing golf again after the 5-1 defeat to spurs, and played again today when we went 3 up against leicester, he's still there now :lolol:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Probably how am I gonna keep Sunderland up ?
A fantastic away win & still there's threads about him :facepalm:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That MacDermot will get the sack this week at Leeds and I can jump this sinking ship that i'm currently on

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last night looked like the tipping point for Gus and Sunderland. They're 1-5 to go down, so he WILL be back in the Championship with a relegation on his CV and a massive squad overhaul on his hands. Whereas we're back in the mix, 10-1 for promotion so a real chance. Moreover, I bet he'd fancy he could have done as least as well as Burnley if he'd stayed here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last night looked like the tipping point for Gus and Sunderland. They're 1-5 to go down, so he WILL be back in the Championship with a relegation on his CV and a massive squad overhaul on his hands. Whereas we're back in the mix, 10-1 for promotion so a real chance. Moreover, I bet he'd fancy he could have done as least as well as Burnley if he'd stayed here.

If he had stayed and taken us top he would still have been touting himself at every opportunity and would have fecked off at the first job offer from the Premier League.

Oscar is far classier and potentially a much better manager....imo

( oh and Biscuit - feck off with your thumbs down everytime I criticise Poyet :lolol:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This season has shown that it's not all about money if you want to get out of this division. Sean Dyche has shown what can be done even if you're forced to sell your ace striker to a promotion rival.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Some fans are obsessed. We have taken 6 points off of the league leaders & they have start a thread about the ex manager. Haven't you got enough to chat about in the match?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not obsessed with Gus but I think it's worthy of consideration that the last 24 hours have proved pivotal in the fortunes of his old club and his new club. That is it.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I very much doubt that Poyet regrets much of what he does.
However his gamble of being Sunderland boss has not paid off in the grand scheme of things in his ascent of the managerial tree.
It will now be a much slower process of getting the job he craves (Chelsea/Tottenham) and he is probably thinking he should have held out a bit longer for another club that had more stability and a better depth of players than Sunderland.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Some fans are obsessed. We have taken 6 points off of the league leaders & they have start a thread about the ex manager. Haven't you got enough to chat about in the match?

I think some fans ARE obsessed; if there is one thing that we can count on, it is you being unable to resist the urge to post on a thread that has the merest hint of criticism of Gus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here