Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings???

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
eicester: Schmeichel 6.5; Moore 5.5, Wasilewski 6, Morgan 6, Konchesky 5.5; Mahrez 6 (Taylor-Fletcher 74’ 6), Drinkwater 6.5, King 6.5, Knockaert 5 (Dyer 46’ 6); Phillips 6 (Wood 46’ 6.5), Nugent 6
Subs not used: Hammond, James, Miquel, Logan
Booked: Nugent, Wasilewski

Brighton: Kuszczak 7; Calderon 6.5, Greer 6.5, Upson 6.5, Ward 7; Andrews 6.5, March 7 (Forster-Caskey 82'), Stephens 7; Lingard 7 (Mackail-Smith 87’), Ulloa 7.5, LuaLua 7 (Lopez 87’)
Subs not used: Dunk, Chicksen, Ankergren, Ince
Oscar Garcia 7
Referee: Craig Pawson
Attendance: 29,722
MOTM: Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton

Well This is the Daily Mails ratings

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...party-ruined-play-hopefuls.html#ixzz2yKhXl8FO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
Just got in....having knocked Oscar a little over the last couple of weeks I have to hand it to him tonight....a fantastic attacking line up and we were awesome...Leicester may have had a slight mental lapse having been promoted but we could have had 6....now pleassssse just start the same team on Saturday!

PIG 7 - Not much to do but a couple of good saves
Calderon 7 - Tidy defensively and some good attacks down the right
Ward 8 - Defended well, attacked well and a goal and an assist!
Greer 7 - Dodgy start giving the ball away a few times but then settled down
Upson 8 - Solid as a rock
Andrews 8 - I can't believe it but yes an 8....composed and patrolled the area in front of the back four faultlessly
Stephens 8 - Great drive and passion, always got a foot in then moved it onto the attacking four.
Lua Lua 9 - Brilliant interplay with March, Lingard and Ulloa
March 9 - Brilliant interplay with Lua Lua, Lingard and Ulloa
Lingard 9 - Brilliant interplay with Lua Lua, March and Ulloa
Ulloa 8 - Held it up well and bagged a brace

Overall, a brilliant night which just about keeps some hope alive.....keep attacking and keep the faith!

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
eicester: Schmeichel 6.5; Moore 5.5, Wasilewski 6, Morgan 6, Konchesky 5.5; Mahrez 6 (Taylor-Fletcher 74’ 6), Drinkwater 6.5, King 6.5, Knockaert 5 (Dyer 46’ 6); Phillips 6 (Wood 46’ 6.5), Nugent 6
Subs not used: Hammond, James, Miquel, Logan
Booked: Nugent, Wasilewski

Brighton: Kuszczak 7; Calderon 6.5, Greer 6.5, Upson 6.5, Ward 7; Andrews 6.5, March 7 (Forster-Caskey 82'), Stephens 7; Lingard 7 (Mackail-Smith 87’), Ulloa 7.5, LuaLua 7 (Lopez 87’)
Subs not used: Dunk, Chicksen, Ankergren, Ince
Oscar Garcia 7
Referee: Craig Pawson
Attendance: 29,722
MOTM: Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton

Well This is the Daily Mails ratings

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...party-ruined-play-hopefuls.html#ixzz2yKhXl8FO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Why does mackail-smith get 87?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I was there, and I was sat with the Leicester fans on the half way line. I'm not one for finesse so I give our players tens all round. They were magnificent tonight and to mark any one of them down would be churlish. If only we'd played like that against Ipswich, Boro' and Wednesday. Still in with a shout, bring on Saturday!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just got in....having knocked Oscar a little over the last couple of weeks I have to hand it to him tonight....a fantastic attacking line up and we were awesome...Leicester may have had a slight mental lapse having been promoted but we could have had 6....now pleassssse just start the same team on Saturday!

PIG 7 - Not much to do but a couple of good saves
Calderon 7 - Tidy defensively and some good attacks down the right
Ward 8 - Defended well, attacked well and a goal and an assist!
Greer 7 - Dodgy start giving the ball away a few times but then settled down
Upson 8 - Solid as a rock
Andrews 8 - I can't believe it but yes an 8....composed and patrolled the area in front of the back four faultlessly
Stephens 8 - Great drive and passion, always got a foot in then moved it onto the attacking four.
Lua Lua 9 - Brilliant interplay with March, Lingard and Ulloa
March 9 - Brilliant interplay with Lua Lua, Lingard and Ulloa
Lingard 9 - Brilliant interplay with Lua Lua, March and Ulloa
Ulloa 8 - Held it up well and bagged a brace

Overall, a brilliant night which just about keeps some hope alive.....keep attacking and keep the faith!

Warren Aspinall agreed with your assessment about Andrews tonight. He said he had a great game.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I was there, and I was sat with the Leicester fans on the half way line. I'm not one for finesse so I give our players tens all round. They were magnificent tonight and to mark any one of them down would be churlish. If only we'd played like that against Ipswich, Boro' and Wednesday. Still in with a shout, bring on Saturday!

What were we like tucked away in that corner? Seemed loud and constant but was wondering what we sounded like from the Leicester end?

Won't do ratings for all as I'm shattered but thought march was motm! Lua lua and ulloa both just behind!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Huge credit to Oscar for starting with an attacking line up. We really took the fight to Leicester and ruined their party. We looked far more like promotion candidates. Ok they may have been a bit dazed by their achievement but we still had to put in a performance and IMHO it was one of the best all round team efforts away from home by the Albion for some time.

My ratings:

Oscar: 9.5 - tactically spot on, a very positive team selection and we looked sharper all round the pitch. The only minor criticism was maybe he could have put on fresh legs a bit sooner and denied them a consolation goal as we tired a little. Oscar has a real hoodoo over Pearson this season which is very satisfying.

TK: 9 - made some great stops, including a couple of brilliant reflex saves
Ward: 9 - had an excellent game, together with KLL caused Leicester lots of problems. Nugent should seen red for his vicious over the ball challenge on Ward in the first half which clearly looked to take him out of the game.
Greer: 7 - better than of late but still guilty of a couple of sloppy passes on a night when our overall passing was otherwise superb
Upson: 7 - made one serious and uncharacteristic error but otherwise solid
Calde: 8 - I feared he might get a torrid time from Morgan and Knockaert but was assured. Good game.
Andrews 8 - looked calm and assured, one of his best games for us.
Stephens: 8 - very solid, looks good going forward and was very unlucky not to get a goal that was blocked on the line
KLL: 9 - one of his best games for ages, put a real shift in both out wide and across the midfield, caused them lots of problems
March: 8 - another good game and is growing with confidence, guilty of one lapse late on but easily justified his selection.
Lingard: 9 - probably his best all round game for us, excellent link up play and carried far more of a threat into their box
Ulloa: 9 - after a poor game at Barnsley he showed us the form that we have badly missed. Caused Leicester lots of problems and was unlucky not to get his hat trick.

Finally great stuff from a decent turn out of Albion fans who really contributed to the atmosphere and enjoyed some witty banter with Leicester fans, who all looked shattered by the performance and result on what was supposed to be their party night. Te he.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
PIG 7: wasn't over busy but a couple of sharp saves and distribution both throwing and kicking much better.
Ward 7: Looked very solid, no way past him
Calde 7: As likely to appear in their box as ours. Caught out for the Leicester goal but can be forgiven.
Greer 7: A couple of loose passes but far less long ball hoofing than Saturday.
Upson 8: Effortlessly cool.
Andrews: 8: best performance yet from Julie, kept things very tidy.
Stephens 9: I can give no higher praise than saying Hortonesque. Ran the show.
Kaz 7: Was buzzing all match.
March 7.5: Looked very confident and fought hard
Lingard 7: When he had the ball looked very composed but not sure he wants it enough.
Ulloa 8.5: majestic, sublime, unlucky not to have a hat trick

Subs: Not on long enough.

Credit should be given to the management team, there was some justified criticism Saturday but OG warrants a lot of praise for tonight.

It was noticeable that the knuckle dragsters who were screaming at Jones to F Off back to Wales as he walked up the tunnel at Barnsley didn't repeat the abuse

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Koosh - 8
Calde - 7
Greer - 7
Upson - 8
Ward - 9
Andrews - 8
Stephens - 9 MoTM
March - 8
Lua Lua - 8
Lingard - 8
Leo - 8

Boy, what a performance! Up and at em the whole game. Leo could (should?) have had 2 more. We carried threat over the entire pitch and, although the total number of shots we had probably wasn't that high, our conversation rate was phenomenal.

Special mentions to Ward, who looks a real threat and solid at the back; Kaz, who proved he can play 90 mins; Andrews (I know, I know, who, on this performance, taken in isolation, was better than any game I've seen from Ince, hush my mouth); Stephens, who was involved in the late build up play for every goal and was immense; Lingard, who was even better than ever (I know I'm in the minority, but this lad is so visionary); and Leo, who has rediscovered where the net is and didn't ponce about at all.

Play remotely like this for our last 5 games and we'll be in the playoffs. Remarkable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Koosh - 8
Calde - 7
Greer - 7
Upson - 8
Ward - 9
Andrews - 8
Stephens - 9 MoTM
March - 8
Lua Lua - 8
Lingard - 8
Leo - 8

Boy, what a performance! Up and at em the whole game. Leo could (should?) have had 2 more. We carried threat over the entire pitch and, although the total number of shots we had probably wasn't that high, our conversation rate was phenomenal.

Special mentions to Ward, who looks a real threat and solid at the back; Kaz, who proved he can play 90 mins; Andrews (I know, I know, who, on this performance, taken in isolation, was better than any game I've seen from Ince, hush my mouth); Stephens, who was involved in the late build up play for every goal and was immense; Lingard, who was even better than ever (I know I'm in the minority, but this lad is so visionary); and Leo, who has rediscovered where the net is and didn't ponce about at all.

Play remotely like this for our last 5 games and we'll be in the playoffs. Remarkable.

Too much chatting then you think ?!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What were we like tucked away in that corner? Seemed loud and constant but was wondering what we sounded like from the Leicester end?

Won't do ratings for all as I'm shattered but thought march was motm! Lua lua and ulloa both just behind!
sounded loud and clear on the radio.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Question for those that went to the game...

Did Kazenga work hard BOTH offensively and defensively?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here