Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from a Leicester Fan

Leicester

Apr 8, 2014
Firstly, Congratulations on your victory and your double.

I've got a few points about the game in general. Your fans were pretty good with the small amount that you brought. Applauded when the Birch announced when we were in the Premier league etc...

I don't think we can complain that we were hungover or whatever. Our changes didn't benefit us really with Matty James, Ritchie De Laet, Jamie Vardy, Jeff Schlupp out who are all better than the people that played in their place tonight. We made too many uncharacteristic mistakes in our defence with lackadaisical marking and backing off. Our attacking flow didn't have any end product which was uncharacteristic as we usually create bags of chances in a game.

Generally, Brighton were pretty faultless. Our only clear cut chances were some Wes Morgan headers which he maybe should have scored from and the Andy King freekick. Ulloa was VERY good and composed in front of goals and hassled our defence all night. Your young defender looked solid and I think you've found a future gem such as who we have in Liam Moore (Even if he didn't have the best game tonight).

It could have been more for you, But we were the architects of our own downfall with poor mistakes but I won't take anything away from you; Solid and general organised all over the pitch.

Have a good rest of the season, Hope you get into the play-offs!

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex

I've got a few points about the game in general. Your fans were pretty good with the small amount that you brought. Applauded when the Birch announced when we were in the Premier league etc...

I don't think we can complain that we were hungover or whatever. Our changes didn't benefit us really with Matty James, Ritchie De Laet, Jamie Vardy, Jeff Schlupp out who are all better than the people that played in their place tonight. We made too many uncharacteristic mistakes in our defence with lackadaisical marking and backing off. Our attacking flow didn't have any end product which was uncharacteristic as we usually create bags of chances in a game.

Generally, Brighton were pretty faultless. Our only clear cut chances were some Wes Morgan headers which he maybe should have scored from and the Andy King freekick. Ulloa was VERY good and composed in front of goals and hassled our defence all night. Your young defender looked solid and I think you've found a future gem such as who we have in Liam Moore (Even if he didn't have the best game tonight).

It could have been more for you, But we were the architects of our own downfall with poor mistakes but I won't take anything away from you; Solid and general organised all over the pitch.

now thats what i call being gracious in defeat. well done on promotion, enjoy the premier league next season

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Listened on the radio, great atmosphere up there in the true spirit of football, congrats on your promotion and good luck next season. Hopefully we may join you there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Has Gordon had a makeover?

Thanks for the post!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Our defence has an average age of 32. The youngest - Stephen Ward, the left-back - is 28.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Thanks - very nice of you. I hope you are typical and ,if so, that you stay in the prem. :)

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Thanks very much Leicester and congratulations on your promotion. I just wonder how (and IF) you might have posted had the result gone your way which,to be fair, you must have expected

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Thanks for the classy post. Congratulations on promotion you earned it.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I've got a few points about the game in general. Your fans were pretty good with the small amount that you brought.!

Congratulations on your promotion.

Thought you fans were OK too. Made a lot of noise, even knew the words to the songs, not bad considering a third of the crowd were on their first visit to the Kingpower this season, JCL's.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thanks Leicester. You might have been speaking about Solly March, a young winger. I have two questions:
1. how good do you think Schlupp is? is he better as a full-back, or further up the field?
2. our manager stated that Drinkwater is the best midfielder in the Championship: to what extent do you agree?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Touch of class here, good luck next season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The good news for us is that if WE do go up with you that's 6 points in the bag for next season already. :wink:

Leicester

Apr 8, 2014
Thanks Leicester. You might have been speaking about Solly March, a young winger. I have two questions:
1. how good do you think Schlupp is? is he better as a full-back, or further up the field?
2. our manager stated that Drinkwater is the best midfielder in the Championship: to what extent do you agree?

Yep sorry, He's not a Defender.

Schlupp is Very good, Young, VERY FAST and we're unbeaten when he's played at LB. He's ALOT better at LB
Drinkwater when he's with Matty James and on his day and when the teams playing well is the engine behind our team. Could prevail easily in the Premier League

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cheers.

I was hoping to see our goals on SSN but they have only just shown Derby and Millwall's victories.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Long story but I was at the game with a LCFC ST holder. Obviously as a Palace fan I was looking forward to watching you lot get an absolute drubbing at the hands of the probable Championship Champions.

Whilst Leicester weren't really at the races compared to their season long form, you lot looked good and, IMHO, thoroughly deserved your victory. Atmosphere was good as well. Keep that up and you will make the play offs.

I feel unclean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here