Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did You Learn Something Tonight Mr Garcia?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We took our chances for a change. We have missed a hatful of sitters all season and recently been punished for every mistake. I have never lost confidence in Oscar but I have lost it in quite a few of the players recently. Really chuffed for Oscar tonight.

Let's hope that this is the turning point and that the players kick on and believe.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
There's a few Americans looking at me in a bar in Fort Lauderdale punching the air and screaming get in there you super f***ing seagulls. Beats the basketball crap that they got all exited about last night.

Back home for Saturday which is suddenly something to really look forward to!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The main difference from Saturday is that the Barnsley players hadn't spent Wednesday night and Thursday partying over like it's 1999.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Have you not noticed that the only change was D-Rod for Lua Lua compared to Saturday? So the formation was exactly the same

Ah yes, but tonight they set up to attack apparently. Against Barnsley the attackers were put on the pitch to defend. At least that's what I read on here. :rolleyes:
Never mind, these people are always right, no matter what happens.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
There's a few Americans looking at me in a bar in Fort Lauderdale punching the air and screaming get in there you super f***ing seagulls. Beats the basketball crap that they got all exited about last night.

Back home for Saturday which is suddenly something to really look forward to!

But the 'whoop, whoop whoop' bit is a little ott isn't it flan boy :)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Ah yes, but tonight they set up to attack apparently. Against Barnsley the attackers were put on the pitch to defend. At least that's what I read on here. :rolleyes:

WA said after 5 minutesvthat we had set up far more attacking and the full backs were playing much further up the pitch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sometimes in football it just clicks.

It's not magical wands, or genius management, it just happens, a group of players suddenly just pull a performance out of the hat. Stephens back from injury builds a perfect understanding with Andrews, Kaz and Solly decide now is the time to prove they should start rather than just be sub. Ulloa reminds us that deliver the ball to him and he will score.

Oscar has stuck to his guns formation wise, the players have delivered and credit to them.

Lets hope it's not a false dawn, but a run of confidence that we can now build upon, and hopefully keep this lot fit!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Suddenly the Barnsley result doesn't look too bad, five points from three difficult away games is a good return, back in with a shout.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Brighton TID - if you were you at Barnsley you'd know how some of us feel about
the need to try to win matches with attacking footie..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WA said after 5 minutesvthat we had set up far more attacking and the full backs were playing much further up the pitch.

We always look better against teams that let us play, we often come up short when we are hassled on the ball. Trust Oscar to get in the players who can cope better with that type of game next season :thumbsup:

Charlton will not give us a moment on the ball so I'm not expecting another scintillating display. A scrappy 1-0 will do me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here