Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** The Championsip - As it Stands **

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
*Top 12

Millwall and Bournemouth have done us a huge favour today.
Not to mention the 'effing marvellous result from the Brighton boys!

Though now the gap has well and truly tightened with at least 6 teams going strong for 6th place.

5 Games left, we're back in the run for a play-off spot, and tonight's result could be the kick we need to finish this season strong!

All to play for.

1z6fmzl.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Look its happened all season they keep giving us hope and then shattering it. We have needed to push on for weeks now and haven't. Lets hope this time we actually do. But if we dont then lets not cry about it. Players have given a big reaction tonight lets do the same as fans this saturday and get behind them big time. Every game needs to be treated as the biggest.

Common Oscar ****ing get us over the line.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
One of six for sixth place. Maybe Wigan caught too.

Blanket finish. One for the graders etc

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two teams from 8 for the last two play off places. The most competitive & exciting league in the world with the most lucrative prize?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wigans next three games are Arsenal, Reading and Barnsley. We could quite easily win our next three and be three points ahead of them, though they would have a game in hand.

Essential to win on sat for loads of obvious reasons but also to put pressure on Wigan to have to beat reading .

Well and truly in this, Saturday is huge

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bournemouth are the side to finish in front of. If we do that we'll get a play off place. Forest and Reading are done IMO and Ipswich aren't consistent enough. Wigan are a bit too far away.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bournemouth are the side to finish in front of. If we do that we'll get a play off place. Forest and Reading are done IMO and Ipswich aren't consistent enough. Wigan are a bit too far away.

Reading have it in their hands. Ok so they're buttery, choke-infested hands. But their hands nonetheless.
They're certainly not done yet.

Farce, however, are completely cooked. Last league win - February 11th :clap:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
great result tonight, now only if we can score at home we will be fine. Fingers crossed he does not tinker with the side on Saturday.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Reading have it in their hands. Ok so they're buttery, choke-infested hands. But their hands nonetheless.

I'm aware they're 6th and a couple of points clear. They can't seem to buy a win at home though and that's going to cost them. A fair point it's in their hands though so I do concede they may not be done yet - especially the way this league is!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Aahh the lesser spotted "I know the difference between there, their and they're" NSC poster.

I salute you sir.

:bowdown:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Probably too much to hope for but I'll be cheering on Wigan in the Cup semi-final, this Cup run is proving to be a useful distraction.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Probably too much to hope for but I'll be cheering on Wigan in the Cup semi-final, this Cup run is proving to be a useful distraction.

Rosler apparently rested 8 players with the semi in mind.

WTF? Surely getting to the Prem League is more important?

And even if it isn't can't modern footballers manage a game on Tuesday then one on Saturday or Sunday?

They deserve to miss out for that decision alone.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I have to say I think we probably just about edge it in terms of the supposed 'easiest' run-in.

Charlton are the only side we have left to play who have shown decent-ish form and are still in a bit of a dog-fight. A win for them on Saturday would probably see them safe, so they've got a good incentive. After them we go to Huddersfield who have fallen into a nasty rut - particularly at home; then Blackpool at The Amex who are in turmoil - the fans are more interested in getting Oyston out than what's happening on the pitch currently; followed by Yeovil on Easter Monday, who will likely already be relegated (if not it'll be a miracle scenario); then last of all Forest, who are also on a terrible run and could well be out of the play off picture themselves. If they are I daren't say it but I think they could be a good side to play - demoralised, season blown-up in their face, nothing to play for.

The game I'm least confident about is Charlton. If we pick up 3 points on Saturday, we've got 4 games after that I'd fancy our chances of getting at least 9 points from. Would leave us with 73 points in total which I think would be enough.

Saturday is massive, and will be the toughest of our remaining games IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here