Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maria Miller

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
If Cameron has any hope of not losing the entire voting population, he needs to sack her. But the blokes a twunt, so he probably wont.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If Cameron has any hope of not losing the entire voting population, he needs to sack her. But the blokes a twunt, so he probably wont.

Next year's general election is going to be a depressing choice whatever happens here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
She has resigned.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
In any other profession fraudulently claiming expenses (or theft as it is) of £45k would lead to gross misconduct and being sacked.
No doubt she will get another role at a different organisation, with a salary likely in excess of her MP income, and not repay the full amount.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Resigned, what a cop out. She should have been sacked and prosecuted for a criminal act. I made a tiny ( £200.00) error on my VAT return, got a fine, had to pay interest and settle it immediately with a cheque to the visiting inspector. Where's the difference except she knew what she was doing and mine was a genuine, albeit ignorant, error. One rule for one eh?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprised Hove Bald and Unread, our self appointed political correspondent has not been on here to comment about this ?

He was very quick to comment on Caroline Lucas's trial over her arrest due to a peaceful protest of conscience against fracking/drilling yet quite silent about someone who defrauds the public purse seemingly without a conscience ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can't believe they are still going on about the expenses scandal.

A non story then and now....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't believe they are still going on about the expenses scandal.

A non story then and now....

How is politicians stealing from the taxpayer a non-story ?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's classic tory arrogance that she's still resigning as it's a 'Distraction to government'. Not because she cheated the expenses, not because she tried to bully the independent independent commissioner, not because she didn't pay any capital gains on the £1m plus profit on sale of house. Tosser.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The PM said he hoped she would be able to return to cabinet "in due course".

Of course she will. Take a year out then return to the fold and it'll be like nothing has happened

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The PM said he hoped she would be able to return to cabinet "in due course".

Of course she will. Take a year out then return to the fold and it'll be like nothing has happened

Yes, there is always seems a route to rehabilitation in the modern age of politics, I can imagine DC having a quiet chat with her along the lines of

" Show contrition and drop out of the spotlight until the dust clears, pay back all the cash in a couple of weeks time, go back to your constituency and find a couple of good issues that you can "fight for" from the back benches. Keep your nose clean and get re-elected and we will give you a minor post in say, The Home Office and you're back on the gravy train. Now, cook my sock "

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
" Show contrition and drop out of the spotlight until the dust clears, pay back all the cash in a couple of weeks time, go back to your constituency and find a couple of good issues that you can "fight for" from the back benches. Keep your nose clean and get re-elected and we will give you a minor post in say, The Home Office"

How true I suspect this is. *sigh*

"Now, cook my sock "

:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The woman lacks judgement, but then there have always been people like her who feel superior in word and deed to those around her. Party leaders don't sack in these situations, as that puts the spotlight back on them. The party apparatchiks would have had a word with her and she's not gone as quickly as she should have done. Cameron's words don't mean anything really, she won't be near a return to the cabinet any time soon.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
It's classic tory arrogance that she's still resigning as it's a 'Distraction to government'. Not because she cheated the expenses, not because she tried to bully the independent independent commissioner, not because she didn't pay any capital gains on the £1m plus profit on sale of house. Tosser.

Got my imagination going... don't often hear women called tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here