Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop going by plane and save the money for players

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
does anyone else think that it's silly that we can't sign players because of FFP, but we gladly spend 500ish for every away game in the North,
rant over
discuss.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Perhaps we should have the players travel 4 to a car in convoy.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can answer your question with one word: no.
If your thread had been entitled 'Stop going by plane and save the ecosystem for later generations' then my answer would be yes, but then all the other clubs would have to agree to this too.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
No, sorry. Would rather they arrived fresh and happy, having spent time with their families, than roughed it on a coach trip up and down the length of the country.
Treat them like professionals and you'll get better results.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They have as they were training at St Georges Park.

It must be costing them a fortune to put all the players and staff up there, they could quite easily have got the MEGABUS home after the Barnsley match and taken it back up to Leicester this morning (with a packed lunch from home).

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
When you say 500ish, do you mean £500, which seems a bargain to fly, or £500,000 which seems exorbitant?

does anyone else think that it's silly that we can't sign players because of FFP, but we gladly spend 500ish for every away game in the North,
rant over
discuss.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We should save money by not bothering to pay the blokes who clean the toilets - they only fill up with piss the next time we have a home game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All piled in the back of a transit van, sitting on the kit bags.

Nah, cars in convoy are more fun. During my rugby days - prior to say navs - there was always at least one car load that would get lost and turn up with 5 mins to KO. We once played a game with 13 men for the first half because some muppets had gone the wrong way down the M6.

I'm sure anyone who's ever played amateur team sports knows what I'm on about.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And what is the point of washing the kit in winter, its only going to get filthy dirty again when the next match is played and I bet we have far to many footballs, one between 10 players should be more than adequate for training purposes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It must be costing them a fortune to put all the players and staff up there, they could quite easily have got the MEGABUS home after the Barnsley match and taken it back up to Leicester this morning (with a packed lunch from home).

Oh come on ... National Express at least!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The Albion flying to away games is nothing new. We can see who was responsible for starting this expensive and extravagant practice. It could also of course, be a clue to solving the long standing mystery of where the 83 cup money went to? Renting a B Cal chopper for awayday jollies wouldn't have come cheap.

Bamber out! :rant::rant::rant:

bcal-bamber.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here